Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Mastitis

Ok Ladies I need some advice or support from other sufferers. Anyone go through the same thing? This is episode number 3 for me!! Lucky me! The first time it went on for so long they put me on antibiotics. The last 2 times I have tried ti bear the pain and have luckily gotten over it alone without meds. Each time I have had extremely high fevers that won't break for days. And with that comes episodes of the chills to sweats to chills again and very sore body. Its really tough to go through espcially when trying to take care of a little one. I know that even with mastitis I am to continue breastfeeding through which I have and it seems to help momentarily. 

I am an EBF and my daughter eats well regularly so I don't know what's causing it. Any help on preventing or any help getting over it?

Re: Mastitis

• I got mastitis when I wasn't pumping long/often enough. I EP, but maybe you could pump after your daughter is done on the breast? A lot of mamas do this.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I had it 5 times... pretty much in a row before it tanked my supply. Extra pumping is a tricky thing if it leads to an over supply and could lead to more mastitis. My Dr said some people just get it more often then others. 

I dont know how to help prevent it but I feel your pain and I hope you get well soon. Heat and massage helped me get some temporary relief and getting a proper fitting nursing bra... which I found took a long time to find one that works! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I find that the pumping gives me an over supply instead of helping. And true on the bra I cannot seem to find one that works... maybe its too tight?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"