June 2011 Moms

NBR-Stockings

Hi, it might be a silly question but Im new at the stocking thing (never used it before) but want to start the tradition with LO now that shes 18m. Are you supposed to wrap the presents in the stockings or no? if yes, do you wrap the candy?

Thanks

Re: NBR-Stockings

• We don't wrap the stuff in the stockings, we put things like new toothbrushes, silly socks, hair tyes, crayons, and usually a santa chocolate bar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think there's a hard and fast rule on this. Growing up, our stockings always had wrapped gifts in them. But stockings we get from ILs have unwrapped gifts inside (yes, ILs still give us stockings - from Santa).

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • We do both.  We usually wrap things like socks or small toys, but not candy or gift cards.  Now that we're older, we usually get lottery cards and a gift card and some candy. (yes, at 29 & 30 years old, we still do Santa at my parents' house Christmas morning) Embarrassed

• imageSarahKate31:
    I don't think there's a hard and fast rule on this. Growing up, our stockings always had wrapped gifts in them. But stockings we get from ILs have unwrapped gifts inside (yes, ILs still give us stockings - from Santa).

I read your post after I posted mine.  I guess we both have the same feelings about doing Santa still Wink

• Thanks ladies, I will wrap the fun stuff for LO (Minnie squirties, crayons, playdough) and not wrap the candy nor the necessities. :) Also for DH, i wont tell him what to do, so lets hope he puts SOMETHINg for me in there, wrapped or not, hehe
  • imageishka338:

imageSarahKate31:
    I don't think there's a hard and fast rule on this. Growing up, our stockings always had wrapped gifts in them. But stockings we get from ILs have unwrapped gifts inside (yes, ILs still give us stockings - from Santa).

I read your post after I posted mine.  I guess we both have the same feelings about doing Santa still Wink

We get lottery tickets, candy, an apple and an orange (family tradition apparently) and one small gift. My own parents (I mean, Santa) quit giving us stockings when we were around 20.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • It depends on what you are putting into the stockings, I have seen and had small gifts that were wrapped in stockings in the past but most things that go into the stockings don't need wrapped. 

My parents use to put oranges and nuts into our stockings when we were young.  My MIL handles her immediate family's stockings including her dad's and our family's so we don't do one here ( if my parents join us at ILs place she does ones for them also).

• We don't wrap any of the gifts on our stockings. I never did them growing up but DH did and when we started dating we gave each other stockings so we've never wrapped anything inside them.
  • embarrassingly, i thought this post was going to be about stockings like the kind you wear with garter belts...Embarrassed
  • we do. Only because it prolongs the gift opening experience, which is kind of dumb because in our house the other Santa giftd are unwrapped. We do use a different "Santa" paper though.

• imagemesr:
    embarrassingly, i thought this post was going to be about stockings like the kind you wear with garter belts...Embarrassed

Bahahaha! :)

We don't wrap stocking stuffers unless they're a more obvious shape, like a CD. Up until this year, we've always done Christmas morning at my parents house even after we got married. This year we've decided to stay put for Christmas morning and spend it just the three of us, so I'm sure we'll still do stockings but they'll just be from one another instead of a few little things from mom, dad and DH.  

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Growing up, our stocking stuffers were never wrapped.  IMO, wrapped stuff goes under the tree.  Big unwrapped stuff is from Santa.  And little unwrapped stuff goes int he stocking.  But that's just what we've always done.
  • imagemesr:
    embarrassingly, i thought this post was going to be about stockings like the kind you wear with garter belts...Embarrassed

bahahahaha!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"