June 2012 Moms

Distracted during the day, up at night

Urgh... LO used to sleep through the night 7 pm to 6:30 am and it was great!  He took 3 naps ~45 min to 1.5 hours long.  He was eating 5 times a day and 4 of these feeds were at daycare and were 6 ounces!  

Now, he is distracted during the day, doesn't want to nurse for more than a few minutes and forget the other side... That's not even gonna happen!  Sooo... He is up a couple times a night.  I know I shouldn't complain, a lot of people haven't worse!  But with being back at work, I need him to sleep!  

We are already nursing in a quiet spot.  Trying to nurse in the glider sometimes, but it doesn't help.  We were doing the EASY routine, but now he isn't always hungry right when he wakes...

He is very active.  I think he will crawl soon.  He has no teeth yet, but something must be going  on, because he is gnawing on everything.  He has tried solids, but he doesn't really get anything yet, tongue thrust is too strong!   

Any advice? 

Re: Distracted during the day, up at night

• Ugh!  I am so sorry that you are also going through this!  I just tried dream feeding for the first time... Fingers crossed!
  • What works for us is feeding her in the ergo w a blanket over her head.  She will act like she isn't hungry, but as soon as I put the blanket over her, she gets mad bc I'm taking too long to get my breast out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGnadtkins:
    Ugh!  I am so sorry that you are also going through this!  I just tried dream feeding for the first time... Fingers crossed!

Well, the dream feed worked.  He STTN.  Also, we gave him Tylenol last night for his possible teething... Thought he would eat like a race horse them AM, but no... 

Guess I will just try whenever he cues!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"