Blended Families

carseats

we have 2 boosters (without backs)currently for SC, and an infant seat w/base entering the equation in the next few weeks. my vehicle is a 7 seater. 2-3-2 rows....

What are your suggestions for seating? DH mentioned keeping LO on one side and one booster in the other seat and the other booster in one of the back 2 seats.

I personally just always thought LO would be in the middle. Just seems like thats how most people have them usually and now that i think about it....that can be crammed for the kids if they both sit on each side. but this also means that a child could enter into the 3rd row seating from either side of the vehicle if the base were in the middle.

just looking for suggestions.

Re: carseats

• DH's car is set up the same way (2:3:2) and we have two boosters for SD's and 1 infant seat.  Our plan is to set up the 2 boosters in the back row, and leave the middle row with infant seat in the middle, and one seat flipped up for easy access to the back row.  SD's like sitting in the way back and they entertain each other so well in the car we didn't want to split them up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have the same setup and up until June had 1 booster and DS's seat. We originally put DS in the middle of the 2nd row  and the booster on the back row but it made it difficult to open the third row on both sides with seat in the middle. DS is now on the driver's side on the 2nd row because we did not want all of the kids getting out on the driver's side. This way only an adult gets DS out on the driver's side instead of us having to worry about the other 4 kids getting out in the road if we were parked on a street.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Loading the player...
  • My mini van has 2:2:3. I always put the youngest kids in the middle row and the older ones in the back. The younger ones need more help with seatbelts and carseats. It's a non issue now since all my seats are full but when we only had 3 kids I didn't want anyone to be lonely by themselves. I don't know what your family dynamic is but I also took who fights with who into consideration.

If I were you I'd probably put the infant seat in the middle of the middle row and the older ones in the back assuming they get along.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my van its 2-2-3. DD1& DD2 (ages 3 year and 2months) sit in the second row. DD2 has her infant car seat and DD2 is using the built in car seat. DS (age 4) is in a high back booster in the third row as he can buckle and unbuckle him. I'd have baby in second row and then ask the other kids if they would rather sit together in the back or does one of them want to sit next to the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our seats would not flip beside LO's huge carseat so we put him behind the passenger seat so I could reach him and put the two older boys in the third row and left the middle row seat behind me flipped. Now that they are older, LO is behind me, eldest SS is in front passenger, middle is next to LO and they get in and out of the car on the passenger side. This is easiest for school pu/do now that the older boys aren't in carseats.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"