Babies on the Brain

How did you tell family you were pregnant?

Trying to think of a unique and fun way to tell people-- specifically our parents. 

Re: How did you tell family you were pregnant?

• With DS, I just blurted it out each time. I was crazy nervous even though I was married, 24 and could afford it.

With DD, we put DS is a big brother shirt and waited for people to notice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO will be my parents 1st grandchild so I was very excited and a little nervous to tell them. We found bibs that said  "I love my grandma/grandpa", this cute desk calendar from Hallmark that says "__Weeks until I'm a Grandma" for my mom and a Baby on Board sign for my dad (weird I know), put them in little gifts bags and watched my parents open them. My mom was jumping up and down excited- it was awesome and worth the long drive to do it in person. DH's family lives overseas so they just got a call, but they have other grandchildren and kept asking about us, so they weren't that surprised.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • Loading the player...
  • Me and hubby happened to be driving to my parents house to attend a wine festival with them the morning i got my BFP.  It was also one week after Mothers Day and me and my sister were planning on giving my mom her gift.  I stuck my positive pregnancy test in the gift bag.  She went nuts-it was awesome :)  I had to think on the fly that morning because she definately would have known something was up when I wasn't having any wine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageChristyD6:
    My LO will be my parents 1st grandchild so I was very excited and a little nervous to tell them. We found bibs that said  "I love my grandma/grandpa", this cute desk calendar from Hallmark that says "__Weeks until I'm a Grandma" for my mom and a Baby on Board sign for my dad (weird I know), put them in little gifts bags and watched my parents open them. My mom was jumping up and down excited- it was awesome and worth the long drive to do it in person. DH's family lives overseas so they just got a call, but they have other grandchildren and kept asking about us, so they weren't that surprised.

For my side, i bought them "I love grandma" bibs as well.  For DH side, we told them we bought our new SUV to fit the stroller better, then had to show them the letter from the DR confirming our pregnancy bc they didnt believe us.  LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For my mom and dad, I was so excited that I drove over to their house right away and plopped the positive stick in front of them hahaha, I couldn't wait!!

For DH's parents, we got them frames that said something about grandchildren (I can't remember!) and put a sign in it that said "Baby Cupo due June 30th"  They were so excited, and it took my FIL a little bit to catch on!

For the rest of our family, we slipped a note in our christmas cards that said "Joining the family on June 30th is a little baby Cupo!"

Everyone else found out on facebook on Christmas day, I posted our sonogram picture with a note saying that Santa gave us the greatest christmas present this year!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• I'm not pregnant yet but SIL just announced her pregnancy to the family over Thanksgiving.  She announced to each set of parents by giving each new grandma a stroller Pandora charm for their bracelets.
  • We called both of our parents and siblings to tell them.  The rest of the family got an email as we live across country from them.  Close friends got a phone call too.  Everyone else heard via facebook.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"