Working Moms
Options

Has this happened to you?

I've been pumping at work (nursing at home) at 10a, 12p, and 3p more or less (those are the times I can do this).  I usually pump once at 6a, then nurse the rest of the day during the weekends.  During the Thanksgiving break, we traveled to see family and I had about 6 days of almost exclusively nursing (pumped in the morning).  Now that I'm back at work, my 10a pumping session had less than 1/2 oz total!  I pumped at 630a and that was fine, but nothing came from the 10a.  I'm pumping now at 12noon, so we'll see what comes from that, but has this happened to you?  And has the supply returned to the "normal" work schedule?  I'll be off for Christmas break too, but for 2 wks, so I'll need to know if I need to throw in a pump or two during my nursing sessions to keep up my milk supply.  Trying hard not to worry right now.  I appreciate any help.  Btw, my LO is 3 months old.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has this happened to you?

• Options

I nurse Thursday through Sunday, and pump at work Monday through Wednesday. I often don't get as much on Mondays, but it rebounds right away.

Don't freak out just yet. Your body's just adjusting itself. At 3 months, you've pretty well established your supply, so it's probably just a temporary dip.

Try looking at pics of your kid while you pump, and yeah, pumping after nursing sessions or in between can help boost your production. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This happens to me and is happening today as well. My theory is that my body takes a couple of days to readjust to the pump and start responding to it again. In the past things have always returned to normal within a few days, so try not to worry just yet. This is one of the times the freezer stash comes in handy. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LC warned me about supply-killing Thanksgiving foods. Sage ends up in a lot of TG dishes and that will dry you up like no other. Peppermint Mocha, mint anything . . . if you enjoyed those foods, your supply may be taking a hit because of that. You should rebound in a couple days. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My pumping always sucks in the middle of the week.  I too, had to pull out frozen milk this morning as yesterday's pumps were not enough.  I have started pumping on my commute home and after DS2's bedtime to keep up in the beginning of the week. 

I should have kept it up, but one day over the break I pumped during his morning nap and got 8oz!  If I had kept doing that, I would have had plenty for this week!  Maybe try pumping during one of your LO's longer naps?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagececilyandgautam:
    My LC warned me about supply-killing Thanksgiving foods. Sage ends up in a lot of TG dishes and that will dry you up like no other. Peppermint Mocha, mint anything . . . if you enjoyed those foods, your supply may be taking a hit because of that. You should rebound in a couple days. 

Crazy! Same thing happening here, I wonder if it was all the food I've been binging on (and maybe it is the extra salt in it too).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"