Postpartum Depression

Anxiety help

Please tell me your anxiety symptoms? Some days I feel like I am absolutely crazy, especially when I am alone. I start to get random aches and pains and it terrifies me to think about what will happen with my LO if I die. It always runs through my mind that something is wrong with me to the point I have went to the emergency room. My DH thinks that I don't need medication or to talk to anybody and that I should figure out a way naturally to take care of it but it has been getting worse everyday. Any help would be great because I have never experienced anything like this before.

Re: Anxiety help

• I am sorry you are having such bad anxiety. My anxiety would be racing thoughts, heat pounding and just an out of control feeling in general. It's a shame your H isn't more supportive. He's not the one who has these feelings you are having, so you need to do what you think is best or you, not what he thinks. ppd/ppa is serious and needs to be addressed. 

I would talk to your OB about it. Maybe they can give you meds or refer you to talk to someone. If this is interfering with your day to day life it sounds like its time to do something about it.  

I know it's scary feeling something you never have. But hang in there and do what you need to do so you can enjoy your LO. Feel better mama!  

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • I don't know the whole situation with your husband, but it does sound like he could be more supportive and helpful.  You do need to get help with these feelings, whether it's through counseling or medication, and your husband needs to be part of that help.

As for myself, I have more depression than anxiety, but I do get anxious when my son cries a lot.  I feel helpless, almost to the point of being paralyzed, and yes, I get the "what if" thoughts, too.  "What if something happens to him/me?" "What if my husband leaves me?" (not going to happen!), all that stuff.  If there's a bad scenario, it's run through my head a dozen times! 

You CAN feel better - the first step is to ask for help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! My husband is supportive and listens but doesn't believe in medication. I think I will make an appointment with my doctor soon to try to figure this all out. My husband is a fire fighter so he is gone 2627 hours at a time leaving me alone all day with a two month old. He actually went back to work a week after Holden was born and it has been hard. Getting easier... But still hard. I also feel like I can not reach out to family because I don't want to burden them or make them think I am weak.
  • I meant 26 to 27 hours at a time!
  • imageFirstSchatz:

...I do get anxious when my son cries a lot.  I feel helpless, almost to the point of being paralyzed...

This is how I feel.  I describe anxiety attacks as feeling over whelmed and helpless.  I have different triggers but usually they are the baby crying or my kids hurt or something negative happening to my kids.  

lolololo
  • imageLuvofmylife3:
    Please tell me your anxiety symptoms? Some days I feel like I am absolutely crazy, especially when I am alone. I start to get random aches and pains and it terrifies me to think about what will happen with my LO if I die. It always runs through my mind that something is wrong with me to the point I have went to the emergency room. My DH thinks that I don't need medication or to talk to anybody and that I should figure out a way naturally to take care of it but it has been getting worse everyday. Any help would be great because I have never experienced anything like this before.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLuvofmylife3:
  • Sorry don't know what happened there...

Are you on the Mini Pill? I was having terrible anxiety and worrying about my baby getting hurt or dying, or me accidentally hurting her by picking her up too quickly, or sleeping with her, etc. I have felt SO much better since I got off of it. It was the progesterone in the BC that I was taking making me overly anxious and I have OCD and anxiety in general so it was very very bad. HTH!! Good luck, you'll be in my prayers.

• imageLuvofmylife3:
    Thanks ladies! My husband is supportive and listens but doesn't believe in medication. I think I will make an appointment with my doctor soon to try to figure this all out. My husband is a fire fighter so he is gone 2627 hours at a time leaving me alone all day with a two month old. He actually went back to work a week after Holden was born and it has been hard. Getting easier... But still hard. I also feel like I can not reach out to family because I don't want to burden them or make them think I am weak.

You definitely should make an appointment with your doctor ASAP! And ask for help from your family. I'm sure they'd love to spend time with your LO! Try not to worry what they think of you, I think they will probably understand that being a mom is hard and sometimes we need a break. Especially with YH's schedule. GL!
  • Thanks everyone for the support! It's nice to be able to let it out without being judged.
  • imageBirdwoman5:
    I worried about everything after I had my kids. I had never been a worrier before but all of a sudden I felt like a different person. One thing I can suggest to calm you down really works for me. MP3 downloads from "Journeys Inward Hypnotherapy"
    They have some really good ones
    on stress/anxiety, Post Partum
    depression and a lot of really great
    Deep relaxation ones. When I am
    getting anxious, I just go lie down and
    listen to one of them with headphones
    in bed and wow I feel soo much
    better!nbsp;

https://journeysinwardhypnotherapy.co
    m/

I have reported u! Please stop spamming the boards! This is for actual ppl that want support!
    lolololo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"