Infertility Veterans

::grumble:: shower decorations

On Nov 16th at my work there was a baby shower, which I discreetly slipped out for (but of course had to use "personal time off" to miss).

The particular hosts decorated our office kitchen/lunch/meeting area with those large tissue poms - hanging from everywhere and some circular garland/banners.

They are still up and stinging every. damn. time. I walk to the kitchen, meet or eat lunch. I have my big girl panties on - but... come on.

How can I ask, in a polite, non-weird way, for them to be removed?

BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
TTC #1 since 1/10
DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!

Re: ::grumble:: shower decorations

• Ugh, that's annoying! Does your office decorate for the holidays? If they do, maybe just ask if you can help decorate or ask when the office will be decorated because you're so super excited for Christmas. Stick out tongue I'd probably just take them down myself when no one is able to see or wait for everyone to leave for the day. I hope they get it taken care of soon!!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• imageDoublePortion:
    Ugh, that's annoying! Does your office decorate for the holidays? If they do, maybe just ask if you can help decorate or ask when the office will be decorated because you're so super excited for Christmas. Stick out tongue I'd probably just take them down myself when no one is able to see or wait for everyone to leave for the day. I hope they get it taken care of soon!!

Yes, I was thinking of coming in early tomorrow or something, so no one would know who did it.

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBzeetyD:

imageDoublePortion:
    Ugh, that's annoying! Does your office decorate for the holidays? If they do, maybe just ask if you can help decorate or ask when the office will be decorated because you're so super excited for Christmas. Stick out tongue I'd probably just take them down myself when no one is able to see or wait for everyone to leave for the day. I hope they get it taken care of soon!!

Yes, I was thinking of coming in early tomorrow or something, so no one would know who did it.

Good call. Maybe replace with come hanging xmas decorations to soften it a bit. Then it can seem as though the christmas elves were there. 

imageimage

TTC#1 since October 2010

"The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap." Mary Anne Radmacher

Me:35, 5 major abdominal surgeries for Ulcerative colitis, failed j pouch, perm. Ileostomy DX-DOR & Tubal abnormalities/Extensive Adhesions from earlier surgeries.latest fsh -26 :(

IVF 1- March 2012 Antagonist Protocol; BCP until March 3; AFC this cycle is 10 (Hooray); Start stims on March 9; ER on March 19- 2R; 2T (1 perfect 8 cell, 1 scrappy 3 cell); tubal infection from ER-hospitalized. Doomed! BFN

Essure Procedure to treat bilateral hydrosalpinx; June 2012, wait 3 months for confirmation test.

IVF2 (Egg Banking)-letrozole/antagonist cycle; June/July 2012 225iu merional + cetrotide; slow responder, Ovulated before ER. Unbelievable. Canceled remaining cycles with my eggs

DE IVF in Brno, Czech. Approx. ET on Oct 6 CANCELLED-Essure didn't close both tubes-test again in 3 months

IVF3-DE IVF ET on Dec 9, 2012 (decided to roll the dice no matter what!)

2 perfect HB transferred; 8dp5dt beta:36; 10dp5dt beta 15; chemical pregnancy.

Turning our hearts toward adoption

DH:36, SA-perfect

Married since July 11, 2009

Fur baby Cairn Terrier

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• I find that people are always willing to help set-up things and never as helpful with the take-down/clean-up.  Do you know who put them up?  Just ask them if they need help taking them down.    I would definitely bother me too. 
     TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• imagehootie123:
    I find that people are always willing to help set-up things and never as helpful with the take-down/clean-up.  Do you know who put them up?  Just ask them if they need help taking them down.    I would definitely bother me too. 

That's my other thought too. I'll probably do that. We don't do Christmas around here, much.

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • The response I got when I asked it I could help take them down was that "they were left up to create a winter wonderland kind of vibe but if you want them down..." Indifferent

hmmm.

great. 

what a perfectly shizzy spot to be in. ah fudge. Confused

What a "winter wonderland" kind of thing... maybe I can add some snowflake or tree decor and we can change the whole thing to not look like a leftover shower. That will be my next tactic.

Also, no one knows about our IF issues/losses at work... so... it's just extra uncomfortable.

Can I hide under a log now?

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageBzeetyD:

The response I got when I asked it I could help take them down was that "they were left up to create a winter wonderland kind of vibe but if you want them down..." Indifferent

hmmm.

great. 

What a "winter wonderland" kind of thing... maybe I can add some snowflake or tree decor and we can change the whole thing to not look like a leftover shower. That will be my next tactic.

Also, no one knows about our IF issues/losses at work... so... it's just extra uncomfortable.

What?!  There is no way that leftover shower decorations look like a winter wonderland. 

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• imagehootie123:
    imageBzeetyD:

The response I got when I asked it I could help take them down was that "they were left up to create a winter wonderland kind of vibe but if you want them down..." Indifferent

hmmm.

great. 

What?!  There is no way that leftover shower decorations look like a winter wonderland. 

I know!!! OMG! Basically it looks like a leftover baby blue party. The colors were white and baby blue (for a boy, duh) so they could be sort of wintery and those tissue poms are everywhere looking snowballish - but any guest won't think "wonderland" - they'd be like "who left up all these party decorations?"

When I got that email back, I just felt like leaving and crying. 

We are having a client event here on Thursday so maybe, my saving grace is that they'll be removed for that...

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • Bzeety! There you are! I PM'd you and put up a post in IF w/your name. My next move was going to be showing up outside your door with a boombox. That would have been awkward.

And, about the shower decorations, I'd say to take it down yourself, but now that you've asked about it, they'll totally know it was you. I vote you release a live coyote in the room to destroy all the decorations and take the blame.

• imageScoop77:

Bzeety! There you are! I PM'd you and put up a post in IF w/your name. My next move was going to be showing up outside your door with a boombox. That would have been awkward.

And, about the shower decorations, I'd say to take it down yourself, but now that you've asked about it, they'll totally know it was you. I vote you release a live coyote in the room to destroy all the decorations and take the blame.

Scoopers  - Yes, I got it!!! Thank you!!! I was on T-giving break and couldn't reply from my phone... but I will. 

I could come across some coyotes around here. Seriously. Or wild turkeys.

------------

So now I'm overhearing conversations about "well, I don't have an opinion... I thought it looked pretty" and such.

Just fudge. I feel like such an azzhat.

I want to say "Can we take down those shower decorations because every time I see them they remind me that none of my 4 due dates will result in a real baby. Kay? Thanks."

TTC #1 since 1/10

Our lil' lost sparks:

Moving on to IVF.

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • imageBzeetyD:
    imageScoop77:

Bzeety! There you are! I PM'd you and put up a post in IF w/your name. My next move was going to be showing up outside your door with a boombox. That would have been awkward.

Scoopers  - Yes, I got it!!! Thank you!!! I was on T-giving break and couldn't reply from my phone... but I will. 

I figured! No pressure. 

• imageBzeetyD:
    imageScoop77:

------------

So now I'm overhearing conversations about "well, I don't have an opinion... I thought it looked pretty" and such.

I want to say "Can we take down those shower decorations because every time I see them they remind me that none of my 4 due dates will result in a real baby. Kay? Thanks."

Oh, geez. Why does everything at an office have to turn into a drama? 

Maybe just say you really don't care AT ALL and please do leave them up oh lord no don't remove them they're stunning we really should call Martha Stewart to come look because they're the most beautiful decorations ever oh my gosh in fact let me get a picture to preserve the moment forever.

Or maybe that's a bad idea.

• imageScoop77:
    imageBzeetyD:
    imageScoop77:

------------

Oh, geez. Why does everything at an office have to turn into a drama? 

Maybe just say you really don't care AT ALL and please do leave them up oh lord no don't remove them they're stunning we really should call Martha Stewart to come look because they're the most beautiful decorations ever oh my gosh in fact let me get a picture to preserve the moment forever.

Or maybe that's a bad idea.

I agree! This just sucks all around. People are idiots!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • Sorry the situation got worse! Hopefully they get over it soon.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Ugh, sorry. I would have taken them down and even anyone asked said that I was just helping. I agree that if you want to make it less boy shower you could add some snowflakes. Sounds dumb to me to leave stuff up long after the party.
    My office left a B-day banner and also some D.isney Christmas lights up forever! I finally took them down early one morning. Said I was cleaning the window they had been on. I am the one who had to stare at the crap all day and people every day would ask whose b-day it was.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"