Two Under 2
Options

What is your bedtime routine like?

Our DS's rooms will be right next to each other. I have their cribs on opposite walls and air purifyers to help with white noise, but wondering how bedtime goes (typically). DS2 will sleep with us the first few months (his room is right across from ours and I can leave doors open and still see him so may be sooner depending on how I feel).

Do you piggy back them (if so who goes down first?) or do you switch nights with DH? TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What is your bedtime routine like?

• Options

Until the LO gets older (maybe 6-7 months) and they are sleeping long stretches I don't add them into the bed time routine unless they happen to be going down for a nap at that time.  Bed time in our house is 8pm.  We start at 7:00 with bath, I generally start with the older ones since they can dress themselves while I bathe the younger ones.  The ones that can't dress themselves I bring diapers/wipes/PJ's into the bathroom so I don't need to leave to dress anyone.  Once everyone is done with bath and getting dressed, we brush teeth, then read a book as a family and then lights out.

We've done the same bed time routine since DS1 was 6 months old, and I don't need to rock anyone to sleep so that speeds up the night time process.  If your older one needs help falling asleep you might want to stagger bed times.  DH works nights so I tend to do the routine myself, when DH is home he does help out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    imageMammaBear81:

Until the LO gets older (maybe 6-7 months) and they are sleeping long stretches I don't add them into the bed time routine unless they happen to be going down for a nap at that time.  Bed time in our house is 8pm.  We start at 7:00 with bath, I generally start with the older ones since they can dress themselves while I bathe the younger ones.  The ones that can't dress themselves I bring diapers/wipes/PJ's into the bathroom so I don't need to leave to dress anyone.  Once everyone is done with bath and getting dressed, we brush teeth, then read a book as a family and then lights out.

We've done the same bed time routine since DS1 was 6 months old, and I don't need to rock anyone to sleep so that speeds up the night time process.  If your older one needs help falling asleep you might want to stagger bed times.  DH works nights so I tend to do the routine myself, when DH is home he does help out.

I think you might be Super Mom in disguise :)  I admire you!!! LOL!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Our bedtimes weren't the same until DD was almost a year old.  DS went to bed at 7, and for the first few months, DD would just be napping in the bouncy seat while we did his regular bedtime routine.  When she was about 4 months old, maybe, I started putting her in the co-sleeper around 6pm for her "nap," then dealing with DS's regular routine.  At about 6 months, we moved her into the room with DS, and started putting her down for bed at 6-6:15pm, then doing DS for 7pm.  We did this until DD was almost a year old, then started doing bedtime together at 6:30-7ish.

Our routine now (and DS's since he was a baby) is bath every other night, then put pj's on, brush teeth, read 2 books, then bed.  We do baths together now, and like Mamabear, I bring everyone's PJs, diapers, etc into the bathroom with me and take them out one at a time.  Most of the time, I do this myself, although DH gets home usually right as I am getting ready to read the books, so he will often do that part.   

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemissbea3:
    imageMammaBear81:

I think you might be Super Mom in disguise :)  I admire you!!! LOL!

Me too! lol OP- My youngest loves her sleep. She goes down at 7pm every night and has been on this schedule since she was about 6 months old. My oldest on the other hand, is a night owl. If I let her, she'd stay up until midnight. I start putting her down around 8 and she's typically asleep by 9. This works for us for now, but now that baby number 3 is on the way, the girls will be sharing a room so something will have to change! The schedule we have now, the girls created on their own. You may have to wait and see what kind of sleepers they are.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"