Stay at Home Moms

This isn't the right board but...

I feel like this is my home board and I'm hoping it is okay I pot this here...

I am not talking to ayone IRL about the fact that we might try to have a second baby.  As far as everyone is concerned we are 1 and done.  We are very open about our struggles to have ds and so people don't push it very much.  Anyways we are thinking of ttc a second after we get home from disney next September.

The RE we used for ds moved her clinic so it is now 90 minutes away which is just to far for us to handle going to everyday.  But she had sent an email saying she would refer her patients back to the closer clinic if they so choose.  I emailed them on the weekemdasking how we gonabout being refered back and if we would end up on a waiting list.  The doctor at this clinic has a waiting list over a year long.  Well my email bck said that because I have to have my family doctor refer me as a new patient because i haven't been under the RE's care in the past two years.

I feel like I got kicked in the stomach.  I though aeeing as I have been through itnall already once it would be easier to get in to the system again for a second time.  Apparentky not..

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This isn't the right board but...

• If you aren't planning to TTC for 10 months, why not talk to your doc to get put on the list now?  That way, you may be a month or two into the TTC process if you do need help again. 
  • imageArnegard:
    If you aren't planning to TTC for 10 months, why not talk to your doc to get put on the list now?  That way, you may be a month or two into the TTC process if you do need help again. 

Oh, I should have probably added that I did set up an appt with my doctor. It is mid-December. And the logical side of me knows a few months delay to get into the clinic isn't that big of a deal.   But the emotional side just thinks about the waiting game all over again.  We know that we most likely won't get pregnant without treatment, so it just sucks.We have been trying ourselves since a few months after ds was born with no luck. :( 

Inthink part of what really bothers me is that i felt like this doctor cared about us and now we are getting her cold shoulder.  idk... silly i guess. 

• Loading the player...
  • That's totally understandable. In my experience, RE offices are often so busy that it's probably not that they don't care about you, they may just need you to wait until closer to the time you actually want to start treatments.  If you don't want to TTC for 10 months, there's really not much for them to do now, KWIM?

• That sucks. I'm so sorry. Can you get the referral now and get on a cancellation list? That's what I did and ended up getting into my new RE very quickly. Nothing about IF is ever easy.
  • I'm sorry. :-( I've heard the process of getting in with a RE is a lot longer in Canada than US. (Like 6-12 months waiting list depending on your area?)
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Thanks for the comments everyone.  You really helped me put it in perspective how far away next fall is. Im really hoping when i meet with my doctor she can pull aome strings to get me in for the fall instead of a year or so which taking into account the holiday closures would be next january.  Talking about it here has really helped.  And whem i look at ds it is so easy to know that it is worth the wait.

• imageSallyAnneS:

Inthink part of what really bothers me is that i felt like this doctor cared about us and now we are getting her cold shoulder.  idk... silly i guess. 

Not silly at all! It's such an emotional thing, and IF makes you feel really vulnerable. So of course you'll be more sensitive. 

Is that one clinic the only option for you? Or are there others nearby that you could look into? Maybe I just got lucky, but when we went to the RE there wasn't any wait. 

Also your doc might be wiling to give you the referral without having to see you in person. Then at least you wouldn't have to wait for that appointment too- worth a phone call to ask. 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"