April 2012 Moms

Formula Question

B has been on simalac sensative since he's been taking formula. (I BFed for about a month). Am I suppose to switch him to the "regular" stuff at some point, or do i just keep on with the sensitve?  

Re: Formula Question

• Was there a specific reason why he is on the sensitive - lots of gas, an intolerance? Or was it just the one you picked? Is there a reason why you want to change him? If he didn't have any issues I don't see why you couldn't switch him if you wanted to or just keep him on it if he is doing well. You could run the risk of an issue coming up with switching, but you don't know until you try. You could always as the pedi.

At first the pedi mentioned to me that L could switch around 3 or so months from her hypoallergenic formula but then at her 4 month appt the pedi recommended we just keep her on it since she was doing well. It's more expensive but better than how she had been doing before!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • DS is on Similac sensitive. I'm just keepin him on it because it works well for him. I dont think you have to switch if it is working. If you want to though I would talk to pedi before switching.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would try switching him to either a Gerber, Similac Organic or Earths Best Organic....all the other formulas have GMO's....stay away from that!
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • imageLina1030:
    I would try switching him to either a Gerber, Similac Organic or Earths Best Organic....all the other formulas have GMO's....stay away from that!

GMO's??

• imagechelle7707:

imageLina1030:
    I would try switching him to either a Gerber, Similac Organic or Earths Best Organic....all the other formulas have GMO's....stay away from that!

GMO's??

genetically modified organisms....do some research on it

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • I don't think I'm going to switch.  If its not broke, don't fix it.
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Both of my girls were/are on hypoallergenic, and I never thought to switch them until weaning to whole milk. If it's working, then why change it? 
  • I don't think you have to chance him unless your pedi suggested it. Actually my LO is still on Gerber Good Start gentle and I plan to keep her on it until she hits 12 months old. I figure don't rock the boat with a different formula.

• Simalac Sensitive has corn syrup in it, i'd switch as soon as you can. We use kirkland costco brand. If he's eating solids, he should be digesting better these days and not need the sensitive brand.
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"