TTC after 35
Options

Just sad today.

In my head, I know that postponing TTC was the right thing to do, but my heart isn't convinced, especially with the holidays around the corner. Last summer, I really thought that we would be making the big announcement to the family at Christmas or Thanksgiving. Never occurred to me that we wouldn't.

sorry. Just needed to talk to people who would understand. Thanks. Ill stop crying soon. I think.

"Don't look back, you can never look back." - Don Henley

Re: Just sad today.

• Options

I understand the stresses with TTC.  Stopping the process, skipping crucial fertile days when DH because not in the mood from being tired from work or whatever, it can be a daunting experience.  Try to take some deep breaths and tell your partner how you are feeling. Are you stopping to not be disappointed during the holidays and being around family?  Or, are you just disappointed that you are not pregnant for the holidays?  I, so understand.  I just lost my baby a week ago Friday....I was 5 weeks pregnant.  And, to think of not being able to have that experience during the holidays has been tuff......

Try to reach out to your close support group of friends and or your husband.  And, let them know what is going on with you to have that intimate support.  And, know that we are here to listen and support you, as well.  I will be praying for you.  ((hugs)) 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options

Ohh ladies both your stories break my heart! Mommy I understand the disappointment, I thought I would be celebrating baby's 1st Christmas this year....obviously not :(

Jacque I am so sorry to hear....((hugs))) actually ((( hugs))) to both!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry, the double post...I have an ole computer, It couldn't be me...Lol.  :)

Thanks for your support, HeathernSteven.  We all need this community of support and Love!  Hearts!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! We have had to postpone indefinitely (I've actually been back on BC since September), and sometimes it's just hard to take. Sometimes I feel like I can feel my eggs rotting inside of me. I'm not sure what it is about that holidays that have me down about it, other than I really wanted to make the announcement around this time. My family is all here, and my DH is amazing, so it's not like I'm alone, just sad. :-(
    "Don't look back, you can never look back." - Don Henley
  • Options
    I know how you feel.... I'm 37 and have been married just over 2.5 years now... definitely thought we'd have a little one by now, although we only sort of started trying in the last 6-12 months. My hubby has had physical and mental issues though which have made focusing on having a baby rather difficult. Just believe that it's all when the timing is right. If a month goes by and no baby - I think it wasn't meant to be - baby wouldn't have been strong enough, etc.... You're not alone, that's for sure....... hang in there. I am trying as well.
  • Options
    This time of year gets me down too.  I always tell myself there will be a baby by "Next Christmas".  This year will be my 4th time saying that to myself.  :(
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I hate all the baby daydreams I get announcing my pregnancy, first holidays,etc. I pray for all of us every day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're not alone. My baby from my second loss would have been here in early November. I would have been wonderful to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas with a new baby, but alas here I am. I have my husband and we love each other. For today, I count my blessings. Hang in there.

• Options
    I'm sorry you guys.  I thought we'd make the big announcement at Christmas too.  I hope that your day gets brighter.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    The holidays are stressful enough but add TTC stress to it and it's impossible not to let it get to you.  That's why I am so thankful for this board because even though I have a support system of great family & close friends it's still nice to have people who know exactly what I'm going through.  Group hug!
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Options
    imageMommyRie123:

I really thought that we would be making the big announcement to the family at Christmas or Thanksgiving. Never occurred to me that we wouldn't.

New on here... and wow, this is exactly what I've been dealing with the last couple weeks. Guess it's true what everyone is saying - next Christmas will be here before we know it. :)

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    I needed this thread today.  Thanks for sharing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"