Food Allergy
Options

What formula are you using?

We just recently discovered that my LO has some sort of dairy allergy. I've been EBFing ever since he was born, but a week and a half ago he had diarrhea for a long time (over a week). I've just eliminated dairy from my diet ( I'm still eating soy) and his stools are getting better and he's not as fussy ( He would just scream and scream and wouldn't sleep).

I talked to the pedi today to possibly start supplementing as he is going through a growth spurt and wants to eat all the time. She recommended gentlease or similac sensitive to use to supplement. Which one is better or is there a different formula I should be using? Any advice would be appreciated! TIA!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What formula are you using?

• Options
    I can't speak to what kind of formula as DS is EBF, but remember that each time you supplement with formula your body is missing the signal that you need more milk so if you want to increase your supply to keep up with LO you will need to pump for every time he gets a bottle.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If your LO has a dairy intolerance they can not have anything besides Nurtamigen by Enfamil or Alimentum by Similac. Those are both dairy and soy free. If his allergy is severe he might need a prescription formula like neocate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelucylea:
    I can't speak to what kind of formula as DS is EBF, but remember that each time you supplement with formula your body is missing the signal that you need more milk so if you want to increase your supply to keep up with LO you will need to pump for every time he gets a bottle.  

VERY TRUE!

We are on Alimentum.  DD is allergic to dairy, egg and peanut.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"