Food Allergy

XP: Almond Milk?

I apologize for asking this, as I'm sure that it's asked all of the time.  I appreciate all replies!

Also, I posted this on the 12-24 months board. 

MS is allergic to cow's milk, so we give him coconut milk for the high-fat content (to equate it to WCM).  He only drinks 16oz a day and has a healthy diet, but he's in the 95th percentile for height-weight ratio. His pedi suggested trying to find a lower fat coconut milk, but I'm considering the switch to almond milk (I was planning to do this at 24mo when we would switch him to 2% if he didn't have the allergy).

What do I need to know about almond milk before making my decision? I know that with coconut milk, I have to make sure he gets enough protein, vitamin D, and calcium in the rest of his diet, but I don't know much about almond milk. I'm starting my research, but thought I'd start here :)  And we have decided not to use either soy or rice milk.

Re: XP: Almond Milk?

• I'm not sure I have the answer to your question. We just put DD on almond milk after Alimentum a lil after 12 mos. she's been doing well with that and a fairly balanced diet - as good as it can be with DD being extremely picky on an already restricted diet due to her allergies. Keep it all well balanced and I'd imagine you'll be fine. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd ask your doctor but an almond-coconut blend might be the best option.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagethis decaf life:
    I'd ask your doctor but an almond-coconut blend might be the best option.

That's not a bad idea, actually.  We planned on just doing almond milk when the time presents itself. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"