April 2012 Moms
Options

daycare

DH's mom has offered to quit her job and watch LO full time! I really can not belive she is offering this. My concerns are: 1. It would be a 45 minute drive one way without traffic for her every day. 2. My mom also offered and I turned her down because she occasionally takes care of my grandmother (but she would be crushed if she knew DS's mom is watching LO and not her) 3. On the other hand it would be nice to save that money and DS would not get as sick all the time (hes had pneumonia twice)

So, what would you do? I feel so torn on what to do.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: daycare

• Options
    What a beautiful offer.  I can imagine that could be very difficult on your mom, as you say.  Would your MIL and your mom consider splitting is 2 days/3 days each week?  

That way, your mom could still care for your grandma, and your MIL wouldn't have to travel 45 minutes every single day.  I don't know what your MIL's job is, but perhaps she could even work part time?

• Options
    imageLolaBelle515:
    What a beautiful offer.  I can imagine that could be very difficult on your mom, as you say.  Would your MIL and your mom consider splitting is 2 days/3 days each week?  

That way, your mom could still care for your grandma, and your MIL wouldn't have to travel 45 minutes every single day.  I don't know what your MIL's job is, but perhaps she could even work part time?

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could you have your mom watch LO when MIL can't or even actually let your mom watch LO two days a week and MIL 3 days a week to give each of them a break.

• Options
    Well, I forgot to mention my mom lives about 45-50 min away too. So, I think they are crazy for wanting to do this but I do really think it is a wonderful offer. I didnt think of if DH and I got laid off then we would be responsible for MIL income. Thats a good point. Also, to make things wierd my dad used to be my MIL boss and he knows she would be taking her retirement $ to quit and watch LO. Now I would feel tremendous guilt with her doing that!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"