Food Allergy
Options

EPI ? for 2+ Moms

DD has to carry EPIs and right now we have them in the diaper bag. DH works weird hours, so some days I do daycare drop off & pick up and some days he does pick up. So, we leave the diaper bag at school so when DH picks her up we don't have to worry about being without the EPIs.

How do you handle EPIs if you have 2+ kids? During my maternity leave DD will still be going to daycare, but we are planning to upgrade to a bigger diaper bag to accomidate both babies, so we won't leave it at school when she's there and I have the baby.

I'm worried about us forgetting the EPIs in the diaper bag at home if I'm at home with LO but DH picking DD up and not having them with her. Do I get a smaller little bag for her?

As a note, she does have two EPI Jr at daycare in their office, so it's not an issue for the diaper bag to be there.

PS. Sorry this is SO long!

Re: EPI ? for 2+ Moms

• Options

I don't have 2 with epi's, but i have two kids and one with epi and we have a special bag for my son with allergies that is with him all the time.  I have taught him that if he leaves the house, this bag has to go with him.  We sometimes forget to take it and he reminds us.

If my DS2 ends up with allergies and will need an epi, i will get him a signature bag that will end up just with him.  And both will have their own special bag that they will learn to take with them no matter where they go.

this is the bag i have for DS1 - https://www.amazon.com/AllerMates-Lunch-Bag/dp/B0079L8UPK

What i love about this, is that i always have benadryl tablets in there.  Snacks. Lolly pops, candy.  chips..  So if we ever end up somewhere and someone is having candy, he will always have his safe candy with him no matter where he is.  I always have lysol wipes in there too to wipe down surfaces.

• Options
    When they hit about 2.5, we ditched the diaper bags and got a small backpack for each of them. On some outings I only carry one backpack but I make sure the epi pens are always with Will. Alex also has an emergency med of his own (for seizures) so more recently I ended up putting one of the epi-pens in Alex's backpack with his Diastat and the other epipen in Will's. They're almost always together but when I only grab one backpack I take Alex's since it has both boys' emergency meds.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemagdusia:

I don't have 2 with epi's, but i have two kids and one with epi and we have a special bag for my son with allergies that is with him all the time.  I have taught him that if he leaves the house, this bag has to go with him.  We sometimes forget to take it and he reminds us.

If my DS2 ends up with allergies and will need an epi, i will get him a signature bag that will end up just with him.  And both will have their own special bag that they will learn to take with them no matter where they go.

this is the bag i have for DS1 - https://www.amazon.com/AllerMates-Lunch-Bag/dp/B0079L8UPK

What i love about this, is that i always have benadryl tablets in there.  Snacks. Lolly pops, candy.  chips..  So if we ever end up somewhere and someone is having candy, he will always have his safe candy with him no matter where he is.  I always have lysol wipes in there too to wipe down surfaces.

Wow -- that's a great idea and will keep in mind for later.  For me the diaper bag is mainly for DD due to carrying her bottles and such.  DS rarely needs a change of clothes when out and about so i don't even pack the diaper bag with him in mind.  I leave the epi in the pantry above the sink but i'm considering leaving it in the diaper bag for the same reasons you just mentioned -- fear of forgetting it at home.

i think what PP does is the best idea for your DD.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"