Success after IF
Options

Unexplained and IUI

Hi all. I'm new to the bump and not quite sure where to post, so I'm posting this on a few forums. My husband and I have been TTC for about a year and a half now. We had a very early term miscarriage over a year ago and have been unsuccessfully trying every since. The doctor says we have "unexplained subfertility." This month will be our first attempt with IUI and I'm wondering if any of you would be willing to share your experience with IUI. I'm hoping to hear some great success stories, but any info you'd be willing to share would be great.  Sending well wishes to everyone! [Poll]
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Unexplained and IUI

• Options
    I had a similar history to you when I started seeing the RE. For us IVF#2 brought us DS and it looks like our first FET will bring us numbers 2 and 3. IF is such a rough road, but it is all worth it in the end. Good luck hon!!!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    DH and I got our BFP after 3 rounds of IUI and while on injects and clomid. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have PCOS, so not unexplained. But I got pregnant from the first IUI with femara and ovidrel, but unfortunately it ended in mc. I got pregnant again on the third IUI with same meds, and now have an amazing almost 4 month old daughter. GL!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I'm happy to hear some good news. It seems like IUI has very different results for different people. Sigh....if only it were easier. 

I'm starting clomid day 5 then an ovidrel injection. Fingers crossed! 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Hi there... we got pregnant after our first IUI in August of 2010 Femara and trigger shot. I have PCOS. We are currently in the 2ww after IUI1 to TTC2. I did, however, have to do injectables this go round because I am not responding to Femara anymore.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have PCOS and DH has low motility, count, and morphing (talk about a bunch of obstacles!) and we were fortunate enough to conceive this July on our first IUI. I was taking prenatals, folic acid to help my lining, and Femara. I was rather surprised as statistically the first IUI doesn't stick, but it DOES happen and I've seen a few ladies here that have had the same luck. GL on your IUI and I'll be keeping my FX for good news!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    After TTC for nearly 2 years, dh and I are BFP as of today!  This is my first IUI + clomid, brevelle and ovadrel, followed by progesterone.  Praying for a healthy, growing baby now and all looks well.  GL to you!!
  • Options

imageDietitianSherry:
    After TTC for nearly 2 years, dh and I are BFP as of today!  This is my first IUI + clomid, brevelle and ovadrel, followed by progesterone.  Praying for a healthy, growing baby now and all looks well.  GL to you!!

Yay! I just said a quick prayer for a healthy baby for you. :)

Can you tell me what is brevelle and why is progesterone given after an IUI? I'm wondering if these are things I should ask about too. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options

I had an unexplained IF diagnosis last time. I held off doing IUI for religious reasons, but finally caved and did my first one in October. I had success the first time; however, I feel like my RE was triggering me before my follies were in the mature range (18-24mm) and that is why the inj + timed intercourse didn't work for me like last time. Whatever, I'm pregnant now, I'm going to let all that go. :)

The IUI was seriously NBD, I was shocked considering what a fuss the church makes about it.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"