Pregnant after IF
Options

Glucose in urine?

Hey ladies. Im chock full of questions this week :) So yesterday at the OB they did a urine sample, as always, and she said there was glucose in my urine. I asked what that meant and she said they are expecting the 1h test to come back abnormal (i already assumed that based on previous experience). But should I expect it to be really bad? Anyone out there know what this means, as far as I know this has never happened before. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glucose in urine?

• Options

imageJezebell26:
    Hey ladies. Im chock full of questions this week :) So yesterday at the OB they did a urine sample, as always, and she said there was glucose in my urine. I asked what that meant and she said they are expecting the 1h test to come back abnormal (i already assumed that based on previous experience). But should I expect it to be really bad? Anyone out there know what this means, as far as I know this has never happened before. Any thoughts or insight is appreciated!

Given this, can you just ask to skip to the 3 hour. I wouldn't want to waste my time with the 1 hour, if I already knew I was likely going to have to do the 3. Just a thought...

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    imagejillychris:

imageJezebell26:

Given this, can you just ask to skip to the 3 hour. I wouldn't want to waste my time with the 1 hour, if I already knew I was likely going to have to do the 3. Just a thought...

Yeah i was totally thinking that too. I had to do the 1h last time and failed that too. So i dont see the point of it. I may call and ask if thats a possibility. I dont know if they need to see you failed the 1 to do the 3. Just sounds like a PITA to me lol.

How is Samantha???? I must say that is my top name choice right now!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejillychris:

imageJezebell26:

Exactly this ^^^

I asked my doctor to just send me for the 3 hour and I even went before my 28 week appt.  He was fine with it.

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • Options
    imageJezebell26:
    imagejillychris:

imageJezebell26:

Yeah i was totally thinking that too. I had to do the 1h last time and failed that too. So i dont see the point of it. I may call and ask if thats a possibility. I dont know if they need to see you failed the 1 to do the 3. Just sounds like a PITA to me lol.

How is Samantha???? I must say that is my top name choice right now!

My MFM will only do a 2hr  - you either pass or fail.  So I don't think the 1hr is necessary.  And a 3 hr is going to be more accurate anyway.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"