Secondary IF

Early AF

Forgive me if I am on the wrong board. I was kicked out of TTTC for already having a DD. Not sure what the rules are around here.

My first daughter was a surprise, we were not TTC, in fact we thought we were preventing, so we thought having number 2 should be no problem. Well, six months in and still no baby. I am trying to get pregnant soon because we are moving out of the country at the end of next year/beginning of the following and I want to have my next baby in the states due to complications with the first. I BF'd DD and my cycles came back in June when she was 10 months. Here's a run down:

1. June/July: 36 days

2. July/August: 35 days

3. August/September: 39 days

4. September/October: 36 days

5. October/November: 28 days - What!?

Number 1-4 most closely resemble my life before baby but number 5 is the shortest cycle I have ever had in my life. With number 4 I suspected a miscarraige because I found some tissue but I know there are other explanations as well. Question is, where do I go from here? DD self weaned durring number 4 so it has been a full cycle since I have been done BFing. Could that explain my early AF this month? Anybody else experience this? Should we TTC based on a 28 day cycle now? When would I do a HPT next time? I am not temping or using OPK's but am willing to start, just not sure what I am doing with the OPK's.

Re: Early AF

• For starters, cycle lengths really mean nothing if you're not tracking your ovulation through charting, OPKs, or other testing. Only charting (or doc tests) can confirm ovulation.  Additionally, sometimes post-partum cycles can be wonky when they first return.  Mine took about 5 months to get to pre-pregnancy "norms" and the first few months were anovulatory.  And often BFing will affect your cycles too.  If you really suspect there are issues or that you had a miscarriage, you should consult your doc.

I suggest you try charting your cycles by temping and tracking it in fertility friend.  Take the tutorials-- they are quick and easy.  Use OPKs to try to predict ovulation.  Take a HPT around 14 days or so after you think you ovulated-- fertility friend will help you determine when to test.  For help with OPKs, check out peeonastick.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• And I'll be kind.  When you consult some of the boards, like TTTGP or the infertility boards,  it's always smart to lurk a little and get a feel for a board.  These boards are amazing resources, but the nature of the boards call for some sensitivity given that so many of us are struggling to conceive, often seeking medical assistance to do so.  Many of us have been on a long TTC journey already-- failed cycles for years, failed fertility treatments-- it's not just a matter of impatience or the need to be KU by a certain date. 

Since you have a daughter, this board perhaps is a good board for you if you're encountering struggles, too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Loading the player...
  • I suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It will give you a lot of insight on your cycle. This information will also help you should you need to seek assistance from your OB or a Reproductive Endocrinologist.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"