Stay at Home Moms
Options

15 Month-Old Won't Nap for Mom

Hi Ladies! I need some advice. My 15-month old goes down to nap so easily for my sitter who comes once a week. When I try, it is just ridiculous. I usually nurse him to sleep and then carefully put him down but lately I can't even do that. I plan to wean soon and just have no idea how he will ever sleep in the day. It's so hard to battle it every day, and he wakes up at 5am so I know he needs the sleep!!!
BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: 15 Month-Old Won't Nap for Mom

• Options
    What does your sitter do for a nap routine? 
  • Options
    If you plan to wean soon anyway, I would stop nursing to sleep and do whatever the sitter does
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks...She just reads him a story and he goes to sleep on his own. I was thinking of having her come 3 x in a row and then following her routine....think it would work? I do plan to wean soon, I've just been hanging on to this feeding since I don't know how else to get him down!!
  • Options

imageNandaB:
    Honestly, if you are ready to wean and its not working anyway I would stop nursing him to sleep and do exactly what she does. He may put up a bit of a fight and cry a little because he is not used to YOU doing that. But if he does it for her he can do it, ya know?

Thanks, that is a good way of looking at it. And, adorable pumpkin patch siggy pics UNITE!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"