Multiples
Options

super yard like/dislike? other ideas?

Hi ladies, my almost 1 year olds (cringe) are totally different, one has a sit and look pretty personality and one is the textbook boy/busy child...my mom calls him the bulldozer! he is not yet walking but pulling up/CLIMBING Everything!! he is extremely difficult to contain... he can nearly climb out of the walker and is LONG since past the exersaucer and bouncer.  the playpen does not please him and before i know it i am sure he will either master climbing out or fall on his head:) I am wondering how you have contained your busy children? it would be fine if he was an only but his brother needs time and attention too! have you tried the super yard? could they climb out? at the rate he's going either he won't make it to 2 or i will be in the looney bin :) TIA!!! 
santasmall Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: super yard like/dislike? other ideas?

• Options
    I used a super yard to block off the most dangerous areas in our family room and the entry and let them roam free.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options

our first floor is completely open...one huge room with a fireplace smack in the middle so there isn't really a way to block off convieniently....did they try to climb the super yard? were they successful?

santasmall Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes one of my two year olds climb up and over the super yard. I use it to block off my TV and fireplace.
  • Options

We created a little baby "jail" in our front living room. We really like having it. It's a safe place we can put the babies and they have a lot of toys in there. If they are in the there together, you have to be more careful b/c they can pull hair and/or kick each other!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Options
    We made a baby jail with our superyard in our main living area (very open floor plan) and I loved it!  That thing was super important in keeping me sane at that age.  However, my girls weren't climbers so I can't comment to the scalability factor.  I did put a lot of their toys in their so they had plenty to occupy themselves with instead of trying to escape. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    I have 1 "bulldozer" too and the play yard is my saving grace! They pull up on it but I cannot imagine them being able to climb out anytime soon!! I just rotate out different toys in there to keep them occupied and they love it! They will easily play for at least a 1/2hr without me hearing a peep out of them! And they generally do not hurt each other so I don't have to worry about that but it may be an issue for some.  
  • Options

I have 2 climbers. My DS is also a bulldoser as well. We used the superyard with 2 extension in our open floor plan till they really started walking well around 12 months. At that point neither were satisfied being contained and we began using the superyard to blockoff the dangerous areas like the fireplace and TV area. We have a safety gate on the bottom of the staircase. We have slowly allowed them more and more freedom as they have gotten older. I really don't like them in the kitchen but I have not found away to keep them out with our floorplan. So the cabients have saftey locks and they have certain ones they are allowed to play in. We still have 4 fencing pieces around the fireplace and I use the end tables to keep it in place.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"