LGBT Parenting

TTT

Re: TTT

• Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday!

1. I have a lot on my mind so I'm glad to have a place to post it. I was thinking of starting a new message about symptoms vs side effects, but I don't think there are any answers to what I am experiencing besides just getting through the 2ww.

2. I didn't sleep much last night. I lay awake for at least 4 hours. The same thing happened last time I was KU. If I start getting up to eat I will know something is going on.

3. I don't like being on drugs. I can't tell if progesterone is giving me side effects or if these are early signs.

4. A full week of work seems overwhelming after a short one last week.

5. Acupuncture last night was good. I was finally able to relax during the process.

6. I have way too much time on my hands. I know it will change when we finally have kids.

7. I'm watching old episodes of Parenthood (just finished season 2) and I bawled so hard that my DW threatened to turn it off. I cry a lot lately.

8. I'm trying to do something fun everyday of 2ww as was suggested. I think we are going to the aquarium this week and our first ballroom class to prepare for first wedding dance.

9. Our wedding is 6/15/12 (though we married in June in Boston) and I haven't even thought about it much lately.

10. I told myself I wouldn't test early (blood test is Sunday) but I may POAS on Friday.  

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • 1) Last night with Ky was rough....like worse than having a newborn rough. With newborn Ky I could get up, feed her a bottle, change her diaper, and rock her for 5 minutes tops and she would be out. Toddler Ky cries and screams hysterically and takes HOURS to calm down....and there is seemingly no reason behind the outburst.

2) I need to be done buying things for Ky for Christmas. Technically I am but I keep seeing cute things and picking them up...

3) I am going to lunch to this new place today that serves piadas. The menu looks super yummy!

4) I can tell I need a vacation at work when the simple requests put me on edge.

5) I have been told that I come across as a b*tch at work. Problem is I am very direct and I do not sugar coat things. This is your house, this is serious. I understand this is a difficult time for you BUT you have to put on your grown up panties and actually WANT to help yourself. I am not here to do it all for you.

6) Then there is the co worker who always tells people the wrong thing and I have to go fix it...

7) Thankfully the holidays are coming and our work load will drop drastically. I need the break.

8) New installments in the series I am reading have been coming out recently which means I have to refresh my memory on the first parts before I go back and get the next. It also means I am ignoring the 70 some other books sitting unread on my kindle.

9) I am going shopping for jeans this weekend...something I have not done in FOREVER.

10) I sent L and K's daughters each a package last week. K sent me a text on Friday letting me know she got it. I still ahve not heard from L. I know NE is farther than IN BUT I would think it should be there by now.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Totally overwhelmed with family stuff.  UGh.

2.  I cry at Parenthood too.  I like to declare that we can't watch it before bed.

3.  E was a bear over the weekend.  Cause?  Another ear infection.  We should have taken him in.  Lesson learned.

4.  Now our happy boy is back.

5.  #1 is taking over my brain. All.the.time.

6.  We looked at houses this weekend. That does not make any sense.  Our house should be fine.

7.  Considering a refi - weighing savings with lengthening loan, etc.

8.  I can't even think about christmas shopping.  See 1 and 5.

9.  E has a piece of cardboard he drags out and dances on.  How does this kid come up with a portable dance floor?

10.  I don't think I have a 10.

• 1. I went to bed at 9pm last night, I was feeling horrible and needed the extra rest.

2. Apple threw up in her crib this morning and has diarrhea, she must have picked up the stomach bug from our niece.

3. J got home at 11:45 last night and found Owl standing next to our bed. She sleeps on the floor next to my side of the bed, I guess I didn't hear her get up.

4. We are supposed to have 4 days of rain this week, I hope it happens.

5. I am not a fan of food as rewards at school.

6. Apple threw up in the car on the way to take the big girls to school, time to go to the doctor.

7. Iz decided she didn't want to do homework this week, I talked to her about the consequences of not doing it and told her she can talk to her teacher about not doing it if she still decided she didn't want to do it.

8. My meat and potatoes dad went vegan, I am so surprised.

9. According to the GI doctor, Owl's height and weight are proportionate, she's just tiny for her age, no need for medical intervention, just continue the fattening diet.

10. TPR is next week, I am praying like crazy for a good outcome.
  • 1. L finally went to the doctor this morning and was diagnosed with bronchitis.

2. I've been telling her for 2 weeks to do her neb treatments because of her persistent cough, but she hasn't. The doctor told her she needs to do it. She needs to listen to me. :P

3. I have a contraband heater in my office. It is the first time I have been warm in my office in a week. Yesterday I was so miserable that I bought a heater at Target after work. Let's hope I don't get busted (I was busted a few years ago.)

4.  Thanks to a series of meetings, but morning went by really quickly. YAY!

5. I have my work event tonight. Thankfully, some people that I didn't think were going, are going - so I should have someone to talk to.

6. Sadly, the thing doesn't start till 7 which wasn't enough time to go home and get there, so I am working late, getting dressed at work, and going from here. 

7. Carter has been a PITA recently. Mouthy, disrespectful, full of himself... And blames everyone for everything. I need lessons on teaching personal responsibility.

8.  It is a drizzly, cold, nasty day. Perfect for being home in bed watching tv.

9. I need to get cracking on buying gifts. NO idea what to buy my dad. NONE. And sadly, his birthday is 5 days before Christmas, so I need 2 ideas. Great.

10. I am excited about our new Kindles. I hope it sparks a new flame for reading again. I used to read a lot - and then I had kids. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagemollykelley:

3. I don't like being on drugs. I can't tell if progesterone is giving me side effects or if these are early signs.

Progesterone side effects are nearly identical to early pregnancy symptoms.  Our midwife warned us about this and that we should just "try to relax".  Much easier said than done, but try not to read too much into it - you'll know soon. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • 1. I am SO TIRED today.  I slept about 7 hours, but a little fitfully.  I think I may be getting sick.

2. I am going to solve #1 with a second cup of coffee.  That's a lot for someone who doesn't usually do caffeine.

3. I'm coding a crapton of qualitative interviews at work today.  The interviews are totally fascinating, but the coding is mind numbing.  My eyes are crossing.

4. I did one qualitative project in grad school, and now I'm my division's new qualitative expert.  Just call me Ms. Mixed Methods. (I realize this means nothing to anyone except the two or three other eval/data people on the board)

5. Work is feeling a lot better lately.

6. Work has not actually gotten any better, but my therapist has talked me down from the ledge.  Thank goodness for therapy.

7. C is away this week at a conference.  I'm going to sew curtains for our entryway and decorate it as a surprise for when she comes home.

8. #7 might be a little overly ambitious.

9. Thinking of you madisonpeas.  I know the holidays are always challenging.

10. I may have convinced my mom for us to do an "experience" Christmas gift together, rather than physical gifts.  This serves the dual purpose of not adding more "things" to our life, and eliminating Christmas shopping.

11. Bonus: My niece is getting handmade Dora hand puppets for Christmas, because I just HAVE to make them for her. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • imagehlke:

3. I'm coding a crapton of qualitative interviews at work today.  The interviews are totally fascinating, but the coding is mind numbing.  My eyes are crossing.

4. I did one qualitative project in grad school, and now I'm my division's new qualitative expert.  Just call me Ms. Mixed Methods. (I realize this means nothing to anyone except the two or three other eval/data people on the board)

9. Thinking of you madisonpeas.  I know the holidays are always challenging.

I understand #3 and #4. I am mostly better at qualitative and long to be better at quantitative.  Love math, but need to take a stats class for real.

#9 - thanks for the good thoughts. I appreciate it.

• imagestringy813:

2. Not even halfway through this pregnancy and I've decided I hate babies r us. We got up at 430 on Friday to get a crib and yet the ad was wrong and the one we wanted not on sale. We should have noticed the fine print. Were back in bed by 530.

So I completely feel you here.  About 11am Black Friday I was back home writing a nice email to their corporate office.  There was a mix up in shipping on the gliders that were $200 off so no stores in my area got them.  Instead they were offering a substitution that was $124 more than the other one.   I spoke to the manager saying the substitution should come to the same price or within a reasonable amount of the other one and she was very nice but told me it was a corporate issue.  When I asked for a rain check she said it was while supplies last so my response was "Bait and switch to get me into the store?" I completely understand it was not the stores fault but poor planning by the company.   I also understand the other one they were offering would be my pipe dream of a glider but I did not come prepared to spend that much.

On that note, there were 4 other pregnant women standing back there with me looking for the same thing.  The catch was we were all in line by 4:15.  I asked why a sign was not posted on the door or something as no offense I would have gone home and back to bed.  Instead I waddled my pregnant a$$ to stand in line, then stood in line, then to the back of the store only to be told sorry but we have a great deal for you at only $124 more! 

This is the one store I would have thought would have gotten black friday right as they are dealing with hormonal pregnant women but nope. 

Sorry for my mini rant but I am right there with you.  

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1.  I am learning the true meaning of be careful what you wish for.  I have been begging the boys to go head down (they were killing me transverse) and since our last u/s they are.  The only issue is now the pressure in my pelvic region is really uncomfortable and I still have 9 weeks to go.  It officially hurts to stand.

2.  My doctor is now having me come in weekly for cervical checks.  The boys are head down and have officially dropped.  He said it simply precautionary.  I HATE HATE HATE internals.  They hurt so bad.  I know better safe than sorry just needed to whine for a moment. The good news is I can breath again!

3.  My wife is amazing!  I had a mini melt down last night (dang hormones) over the tree and lights on the house.  These are things that I do and I love decorating for Christmas.  This year I cannot do the lights on the house as I think most would have a heart attack if I climbed on the roof.  Due to this she called her brothers over and got them done (she is terrified of ladders and heights).  Also she climbed into the attic by herself and got all my decorations for inside down.  

4.  I cannot get motivated for work. I really need to get a move on as I will be out most of 1st quarter.

5.  My boss announced today they are bringing my team to CA in January for an all hands meeting.  She then called me afterwards to inform me that obviously I was not required to attend.  Really?  I thought I was going to fly a week before my c-section...

6.  The only sad part about #5 is this means I won't get to see my co-workers for another year and we always have fun when we get together.  Although I think M would kill me if I left her with 4 months old twin infants (trip is usually in May).

7.  I sold a bunch of stuff on craigs list and I am so excited as I got my camera today that I wanted for when the boys get here.  I have a big Ni.kon D60 with all my lenses but I figured with the boys I really wanted a point and shoot.

8.  Our second shower is this weekend and I am looking forward to seeing M's family even though they are very loud and crazy.

9.  @ tmm I am so excited for the new episode tonight!  I have been looking forward to this for weeks.  

10.  I am shutting down the internet for today. I am interneted out and plan on reading.  Talk to you ladies tomorrow!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1. This is my second ever TTT. Here we go!

2. On that note, and since I'm a mega-lurker, mini-bio: 26 year old Canadian girl (V) married to a soon-to-be 26 year old Canadian girl (M) living in the big city. Getting ready to TTC!

3. The plan is to do our first insem in January through a fertility clinic with bank donor sperm, my uterus and 100mg(? I think) Serophene.

4. I try to be a very positive person. I have two younger sisters - one had a baby in April and the other is about 6 weeks pregnant now :/ That can make it difficult to stay positive sometimes.

5. But! I do things to keep myself that way. I meditate regularly and go to Mom/Mom-To-Be nights out in town with like-minded women (what my lovely wife calls my "hippie night out" because they tend to be natural birth/breastfeeding/babywearing/cloth diapering groups).

6. M's 26th birthday is on Thursday. We both took the day off work and we're planning on going to a Christmas craft fair, putting up our Christmas decorations, dinner at a fancy restaurant and maybe a movie.

7. I think I will make a signature soon and try posting a little more...

8. Saturday is my first acupuncture appointment - thanks to everyone for putting my mind at ease in my other thread!

9. On the thanks note - thanks to everyone on this board. I am a level five lurker but everyone here is so friendly, warm, knowledgeable and welcoming!

10. Whew! Any questions?

• 1. Trying to stay busy and relaxed. Sounds oxymoronic!
    2. Last night I could not fall asleep and ended up putting on a meditation track. Then I woke up before my alarm this morning. Not cool.
    3. I went in to the office today and has some great meeting and got some good work done.
    4. I have most days booked and lots of books, movies, online tv shows to watch and some sewing if I need to fill spare time.
    5. I'm going to a charity auction tonight - it's at a trapeze school. Should be fun, I just need to remember not to spend too much!
    6. Our oven is acting up and I'm really looking forward to the new one we bought this weekend being delivered on Thursday.
    7. I need a reliable and safe oven to cook!
    8. I need to review our accounts and do a budget. With recent expenses (including #3 and #4) I've been compensating with avoidance.
    9. Tomorrow I have a walk around the lake with a friend, acupuncture and then an afternoon at the spa (sauna, massage, pedicure and brow wax). So, so looking forward to it!
    10. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"