Baby Showers
Options

Help! Need easy/cheap games fast!

SIL's shower is Saturday and I only have a four games planned. I'm not sure that is going to be enough. So far I have already put a ton of $$$ into the shower - I was also in charge of invites and door prizes - and I have to balance that right now with Christmas shopping and traveling on the 7th for my own college graduation. Here's what I have so far:

1. Pink clothespins for us to steal from each other when someone says the word "baby." This was meant as a side thing but has potential to be a main attraction if everyone gets into it. 

2. I have a game where guests list baby names from A to Z as suggestions for mom. SIL is due on 12/18 but it looks like baby may actually arrive sometime this week. In that case, I plan to change the game to "list the craziest/funniest names you have heard." My in-laws have the same sense of humor as I do and this could be pretty funny.

3. I found a game where SIL leaves the room and the guests have to try to remember what she was wearing. 

4. I have never played it but I also go the Right Diaper game? I guess you pass it and see who ends up with the stain in the diaper?

5. Finally I found baby lotto tickets where you scratch off to see what you put in baby's bottle. If you get "milk", you win. Other answers are like "duck," "chocolate," etc.

Does this sound like enough entertainment? I'm usually the family party planner but I'm trying to graduate college right now and it is finals week. I also got a promotion at work and am learning a new position. So I don't really have the full time to devote. Any ideas????

Re: Help! Need easy/cheap games fast!

• Options
    sounds like at least 2 too many for my tastes!
  • Options
    Yep, pick two and be done.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow you have alot of games.... You are just fine with what you have.  Don't stress your lsef out.  :-) 

If you do want something else, i would do a door prize item.  Get a big jar and put in candy, or rocks or something and have people guess how many is in it.  The person who guess's get the jar.

• Options
    I would seriously leave if I were asked to play that many games. I hate even ONE game...let alone a barrage of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageDamask23:

SIL's shower is Saturday and I only have a four games planned. I'm not sure that is going to be enough. So far I have already put a ton of $$$ into the shower - I was also in charge of invites and door prizes - and I have to balance that right now with Christmas shopping and traveling on the 7th for my own college graduation. Here's what I have so far:

1. Pink clothespins for us to steal from each other when someone says the word "baby." This was meant as a side thing but has potential to be a main attraction if everyone gets into it. ----Overdone

2. I have a game where guests list baby names from A to Z as suggestions for mom. SIL is due on 12/18 but it looks like baby may actually arrive sometime this week. In that case, I plan to change the game to "list the craziest/funniest names you have heard." My in-laws have the same sense of humor as I do and this could be pretty funny.---This would annoy me.  Trying to come up with 26 names???

3. I found a game where SIL leaves the room and the guests have to try to remember what she was wearing. 

4. I have never played it but I also go the Right Diaper game? I guess you pass it and see who ends up with the stain in the diaper?-----stained diaper games are just plain tacky (and disgusting)

5. Finally I found baby lotto tickets where you scratch off to see what you put in baby's bottle. If you get "milk", you win. Other answers are like "duck," "chocolate," etc.

Does this sound like enough entertainment? I'm usually the family party planner but I'm trying to graduate college right now and it is finals week. I also got a promotion at work and am learning a new position. So I don't really have the full time to devote. Any ideas????

I'm sorry, but what's wrong with just sitting around talking to each other and watching the MTB open gifts and oooohing and aaaaaahing over cute baby stuff.  These games would annoy the crap out of me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageShea202:

Wow you have alot of games.... You are just fine with what you have.  Don't stress your lsef out.  :-) 

If you do want something else, i would do a door prize item.  Get a big jar and put in candy, or rocks or something and have people guess how many is in it.  The person who guess's get the jar.

Sry, just had to mention that I thought this was hilarious. Guess how many rocks in this jar and you get a prize...your prize? A jar full of rocks hahaha. I got what you meant though.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options

Yeah I have to agree with previous posters.  With that many games, you are starting to get into annoying territory.  Cranang is right about some of them too.  Taking pins when someone says baby ?  Yeah I can see that one going over really well with my Grandma and older aunts.  Having to come up with 26 names ?  The diaper stain game ...after people are done eating ? 

Maybe go back to the drawing board or possibly consider having no games at all?  Honestly, some of the best showers are ones where we don't play games, just talk amongst ourselves and maybe give fill out an advice or "what is your favorite children's book" or "what was your favorite Christmas tradition" book. 

• Options
    I actually don't like any of the games but these were requested by MIL. I recently went to a shower for a cousin and my in-laws complained that there weren't enough games (we played games for about 4 hours straight - 8 games total). I think I'll just play it by ear at the shower. We're doing diapers only since it's SIL's 3rd baby so that's why they didn't want to just watch her open presents. Thank you!
  • Options

HOLY CRAP !  Four hours of games.  I'm sorry that is insane.  My entire shower didn't last that long. 

• Options

First issue is it is her 3rd baby. You should not be having a baby shower for a 3rd baby.

You indicate you already have 4 games to play. In my mind, that is 4 too many. Baby shower games are lame. I have been to 50+ bridal and baby showers and we played games at two of them and it was lame. Allow people to mingle and talk and enjoy themselves. It will be appreciated by the majority of your guests.

• Options

imageDamask23:
    We're doing diapers only since it's SIL's 3rd baby so that's why they didn't want to just watch her open presents.

Indifferent

You are asking how many and/or what type of games are appropriate for a diaper shower for a third baby? This should go over well.

Since it's too late for you to say "no games - and no diaper showers, and no third baby showers", just nix as many games as the family will allow. Four is way too many. As it stands, I would make up an excuse to leave a party like the one described - assuming we're in an alternate universe where I attend a diaper shower for a third baby.

Last but not least, although you didn't ask, a simple way to avoid this issue in the future is to not host any more diaper showers for third babies...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    4  games are 4 too many.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    games are totally unnecessary. The only thing I have ever seen people actually enjoy is Bingo and that is because they can win a prize.  while you are opening the gifts, if the guests want to, they can fill out a bingo card and mark off the gifts the mother gets.  The first few to get a bingo wins a prize.  We usually do something from bath and body, or yankee candle.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"