Parenting after a Loss

Toddler Moms Check-In (and sorry for being MIA)

Hi toddler moms. I'm so sorry I have been a horrible bumpie and not posted this check in the last two weeks. Things have been nuts and I've sporadically been on TB and I didn't get it posted. I posted a few things on PGaL and then never was able to make it over here. Will you please have me back as your toddler mom check-in? 

Hopefully we can get back on track, so please participate if your are a mom with a toddler(s) age 12-36 months.

What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?

What challenges took place this past week? Other toddler moms - this is the part where we can chime in and help one another with ideas/suggestions for working through challenges (behavior issues, etc.)

Did your toddler do/say anything particularly funny recently?

QOTW: What did you guys do for Thanksgiving? Did your toddler eat Tgiving dinner?
BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

Re: Toddler Moms Check-In (and sorry for being MIA)

• What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?

She loves saying Bye bye right now.  And she says "Oh no!" along with a couple books that say it--I just turn to the appropriate page and she'll yell it out :)

What challenges took place this past week? Other toddler moms - this is the part where we can chime in and help one another with ideas/suggestions for working through challenges (behavior issues, etc.)

I got a head cold, so that was interesting.  That along with m/s and taking care of DD was tough. 

I guess the same as the 1st question 

QOTW: What did you guys do for Thanksgiving? Did your toddler eat Tgiving dinner?

On actual Thanksgiving it was just us and we had a small ham dinner that DD ate with us.  Then we went down to my dad's for the weekend for the turkey dinner and she ate that as well. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment? Collections. Hair bows, toys, really anything small enough to stuff into a bag or bucket and carry around the house, then stash in creative locations.

What challenges took place this past week? Sigh. She is having a tough spell lately. Diaper change tantrums, waking up in the middle of the night wailing, temper tantrums over absolutely nothing. We had one incident where she hit DS and I got really upset at her. She had a time out and we had a talk about hitting and how we have to be very careful and gentle to baby, and she hasn't acted at all aggressively toward him since, but I'm watching them like a hawk. I felt terrible about losing my temper at her and terrible about not protecting DS better.

Did your toddler do/say anything particularly funny recently? We got out her nativity set, and baby Jesus was playing with Thomas the Tank Engine.

QOTW: What did you guys do for Thanksgiving? Did your toddler eat Tgiving dinner? We hosted Thanksgiving dinner and she loved all the attention. She ate cranberry sauce and stuffing and ignored the turkey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm. I'm having trouble thinking of anything "big" that's new. More frequently she's speaking in sentences rather than singular words.

We actually had a really good week and she put up with the turmoil of family gatherings, people staying at our house, and disruptions to her nap and bed times very well. I was surprised.

She's big on telling me "Ki it (quiet) mama" whenever I try to sing these days :(

I cooked for ILs and extended IL family.  B wouldn't touch it. She gorged herself on the fancy cheeses her Godparents brought as an appetizer.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imagebig_noise:

Hi toddler moms. I'm so sorry I have been a horrible bumpie and not posted this check in the last two weeks. Things have been nuts and I've sporadically been on TB and I didn't get it posted. I posted a few things on PGaL and then never was able to make it over here. Will you please have me back as your toddler mom check-in? 

Hopefully we can get back on track, so please participate if your are a mom with a toddler(s) age 12-36 months.

What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?

My DS is really into mega blocks but he tends to like to tear them down than put them together!  

He is starting to hit when he gets frustrated and cannot communicate what he wants.  I usually pout, look at him sternly and say, "That hurts Mommy.  We don't hit."  He either pouts then shakes his head "No" or smiles and walks away.   

My DH is obsessive about hand sanitizer and lotion.  DS now rubs his hands like he's putting on lotion everytime he sees the bottle or DH putting it on.  It's so cute!  

Both DH and I had to work so we had a short visit with IL's and DS ate everything the IL's did except the broccoli casserole lol. DS stayed with IL's overnight since we both worked until 2am.

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"