August 2011 Moms

Just what I needed to hear

(Mobile users: Just what I needed to hear)

Needless to say, this is a vent. 

I had never realized that buying a house was the same as being pregnant as far as people losing their filter can go. 

I called my mom to give her the good news about the house. "But what happens if your condo doesn't sell? Or if the buyers want an earlier move-in date? Wow you're really stuck now" Hmmm newsflash: you have to pull the trigger at some point. You either sell first or buy first, and whatever you do, yes, you are stuck with a deadline.

Then my co-worker this morning "OMG this is really going to suck for you" (referring to moving with a baby). Oh you think? What do you suggest I do here? I don't really mind this type of comment if they're part of a conversation, but it really irks me if they ARE the conversation, YKWIM? 

I don't know. I guess I'm just grumpy this morning. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Just what I needed to hear

• Wouldn't it be nice if they could just be excited for you instead of pointing out all of the what-if's and stresses? How hard is it to just say, "Congrats! Let me know if I can do anything to help." Jerks! (Want me to throat-punch anyone for you?) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What Tuna said. Congrats! Super excited for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Exactly - Why is a simple congrats such a hard thing to say?

Now throat punching them might not be a good idea, especially if I want them to help me with the move :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh, why can't people just say, wow, that sounds tough, let me know how I can help out!  It's one thing to acknowledge that the situation might not be ideal, but it's a completely different story to go on and on as if you made the decision without recognizing those difficulties up front.  I hate that! 

Sorry you're grumpy :(  Hope your day gets better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm stoked for you as we'll! Poo on them :)

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• Thanks ladies! 

:;warm fuzzies:: 

• I'm happy for you!!! Yay Ha family!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"