August 2011 Moms

Christmas Tree - Poll

Re: Christmas Tree - Poll

• We love the smell of Christmas trees and the whole experience of getting one :-D also its been a tradition to get our tree on Dec.14th DH's birthday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • SS - No tree! Just kidding - I have a 10" fake tree sitting on top of our DVD shelf. It's currently naked. I couldn't bear not having any tree or decoration up, but we leave in less than 2 weeks.

We're spending Christmas with our families, so fake tree at MILs and real tree at my parents' house. I'll claim their trees as my own since that's all I get this year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageKimbus22:
    It is considered a sacrilege in my family to have a fake tree.  Even the people legitimately allergic to real ones get berated.
    People are allergic to trees? I had no idea. I grew up with a fake tree, but DH went to school for Forestry Management, so he is all about the trees. We will get a real one, but not until after Dec 14, since that is when we close on our new house. It's going to be a busy, crazy, rest of the year.
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We own a fake one.  We used it last year and will again this year, but I have a feeling that DH will want a real one next year as he prefers real.  A fake one is just easier with a 3 month old (last year) and a 16 month old and a newborn (this year). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours is white with white or blue lights. They also can flash if on the correct setting. We have blue, white, silver and yellow ornaments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKimbus22:
    It is considered a sacrilege in my family to have a fake tree.  Even the people legitimately allergic to real ones get berated.

Hahaha, this!

Getting a tree is a ritual for us, we go to a local farm where you can either go out and cut your own, or have your pick of pre-cut trees on the lot.  The place is beautifully decorated and puts us in just the right mood for Christmas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Jay will never allow for a fake tree.  Like, ever!!

You should see his face when I suggest it...  He's very serious about his tree business.  I save all of our laundry change in a jar above the dryer all year long for our tree purchase.  Some years we get close to $250 (not that we spend that much), others we're closer to $70. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I grew up with fake ones at home, so getting a real one is really important to me now that I have my own family. I enjoy picking one out, tying it to the car, and getting it all set up. I love the smell too!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • imagebundymommy:
    imageKimbus22:
    People are allergic to trees? I had no idea.

Yep, I am. I am highly allergic to cedar and mildly to pine. I can have a real christmas tree in the house but, if there are shavings around I am doomed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"