Food Allergy
Options

Nipple q if you're adding oatmeal to formula for reflux/MSPI

Our LO is 12 weeks old and we have been adding oatmeal to his formula for a few weeks at the recommendation of our pediatric gastroenterologist.  He's on Elecare for MSPI which is pretty thin so it comes back up incredibly easily with his bad reflux. We cannot find a good nipple solution that our LO can manage well that also allows the formula to pass thru.  We are adding a tsp of oatmeal per ounce of formula.

We had to move up to a Dr. Brown level 4 just to get the liquid to come through and sometimes the flow is just too much.  There are days when he's ok with it and others were he's gulping and "overflowing".  I would love a new solution if anyone has ideas or maybe found a better idea if you're adding cereal to formula?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Relationship Humor Blog: The Hubby Diaries

Re: Nipple q if you're adding oatmeal to formula for reflux/MSPI

• Options
    W aren't using oatmeal but brown rice so I'm not sure if the thickness is the same but our bottles (Born Free) has special nipples with a Y cut that allow easier flow. Do yours have something like that? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We used the level 2 or 3 Dr. Brown's for DS (we went to the 3 after a couple months on the 2) and we just made the hole slightly bigger by putting a pin through the hole and moving it in circles to stretch it slightly. This was the only thing that would work for us. Like pp mentioned, you might want to try the Y cut w/ Born Free, it just didn't work out for us.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"