Preemies
Options

My Little Turkey came home on Tuesday

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Ladies:

As the post says, Ethan has been home since Tuesday, November 20th. I can not believe this day has come! His weight coming home was 5lbs, 7.25oz. At his doctors appointment on Friday, he was up to 5lbs, 14 oz.

It has been a learning experience to say the least. Rooming in on that Monday prepared me a little bit but oh my gosh I am tired! It is not really the getting up every two/three hours that is hard on me but as of right now, he has his days and nights mixed up. It was really hard the night before Thanksgiving... I did get up on Thanksgiving and cook. We also had ONE PERSON over (his cousin in law) and didnt even ask to hold him but I asked her did she wanna hold him. I told her about the importance of hand washing, sanitizing and how he and I may be in the house for a little while.

I think the most heart warming thing has been watching The Beau interact with him and tending to him. He loves his boy! But we do have a few differences in parenting ( I love my cuddle time with my baby). 

With him being home, I have come to the bridge where I have to make a decision about work and I am scared of what I am going to do when The Beau goes back to work and I am alone... :-( I have been dealing with so many emotions since Tuesday...and the sleep deprivation LOL

But other than that... I am overjoyed, he is here where he belongs :-) 

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: My Little Turkey came home on Tuesday

• Options
    And sorry about all of the extra writing in the post... dont know where it came from. LOL
  • Options

Congratulations!  I'm in the midst of my NICU journey, we've been there since Aug 30..ugh...but I'm thrilled to see other Mom's be out of NICU before the holidays.  We're hoping our boys can make it home by Christmas.  :)

Enjoy your sleepless nights, he'll be all grown up before you know it. LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats on bringing him home!  You're making me miss that cuddle time when my LO was so little!  (He still cuddles, but now he's my big boy at 15 lbs!)

IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have that same blanket. Super cute!

Congrats on your LO. what a cutie!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congratulations! What perfect timing :) I'm so glad he's home! You must be enjoying every second. And yes, it IS an adjustment. My little guy has been home for almost 2 weeks now and we have not gotten the hang of the night feeding.

Way to go, Ethan! Keep up the good work!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yeah! Welcome home Ethan.

• Options
    Congrats! What a cutie pie!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"