Maryland Babies
Options

s/o re Christmas Cards - what about not doing them?

I don't think I did them last year (or maybe I did?)

I'm kinda thinking of not doing them and I noticed I didn't get as many last year either.  Do you think they are becoming redundant/unnecessary w/ all facebooking/intstagramming everyone does?  Have you noticed getting less recently?

and, yes, I know I can do whatever I want - just wondering if anyone else on on the brink of quitting doing them too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: s/o re Christmas Cards - what about not doing them?

• Options

I dont think i did them last year since I had a tiny baby and was feeling very overwhelmed. I have noticed I don't get quite as many as we used to, but I do still like getting them and displaying them.

I don't think anyone would side-eye you though for not sending them.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Christmas cards are really big in my family so I always send them and don't plan to stop anytime soon. I also still mail thank you cards for stuff so I'm kind of old school when it comes to sending cards. Last year was the first year that I did a photo card though.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't notice getting less in the past few years, but I definately get more photo cards than the old fashioned cards. I like doing them and getting them, but i still send a lot of paper mail for non holiday occasions because I like getting and receiving mail. I do like seeing the photo cards though. It's a chance to see family and friends that I don't get to see often
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm thinking of not doing them. We didn't really have time to get a good family photo taken or a good picture of DD.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Last year we mailed out 25 less cards and I did notice that those people I took off the list didn't send me cards. This may be totally lame, but I've ordered my cards super early this year, so I've been just handing them out instead of mailing them. I love seeing their face and saving a little bit of $$.

• Options
    Ordering mine this week! Love getting and sending them!
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I didn't do them last year, because time got away from me. I did send out photo cards for Valentine's Day instead though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did them lastyear sorta, got regular cards and had a ton of wallet photos from a photo package, so I bought the little laminating cards at wal-mart, laminated the photo and attached to the card.  So a photo in a card, but not a photo card. It was cheap and fast b/c of course I waited until the last minute.  This year I bought a living social deal from peartree greetings, 25 cards cost $15 with envelopes with return address printed on them.  Should get them anyday so will let you know how they turned out. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"