December 2011 Moms

XP June '13... menu help for bday?

I absolutely cannot believe M will be a year old in 6 days!!!

We just changed our original plan for the party menu from baked potato bar w/ chili to sandwiches and soups.

I'm planning to do ham, turkey, roast beef, w/ either american or swiss. These will be prepared, all about a 3rd or 4th of a normal sub roll with tooth picks and themed flags, then we'll do your basic run down of condiments for guests to add.

For soups, I'm planning to use crockpots and do chicken noodle and chili... is chili weird with sandwiches? Any ideas/recipes for a good crockpot soup? I have 3 large ones so I can do 3 soups at most.

Is this even a season appropriate menu? We're in CNY and it's been lightly snowing since Saturday morning and is pretty cold outside but we aren't into heavy winter weather quite yet...

All of this is also on top of basic party appetizers/snacks, chips/dip, cheese crackers, veggie tray etc.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: XP June '13... menu help for bday?

• I'm also doing crockpot soups for our open house style party.  We're doing three soups -

butternut squash

crab soup

Italian sausage

I tried to pick three different soups, so I would add a vegetable based soup to your two above, I think that would satisfy the tastes of most guests.  Chili is heavy, so you might find guests skip the sandwiches if they're having chili.

ETA: crab soup :)

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerockychryslerb2010:

I'm also doing crockpot soups for our open house style party.  We're doing three soups -

butternut squash

crap soup

Italian sausage

I think I'd pass on the 2nd one LOL Now CRAB soup is always good Stick out tongue

As for the chili, I live in the Midwest so people ALWAYS like chili. They'd eat it for breakfast lol.  Taco soup always goes over well too.

• Loading the player...
  • imageKansasFarmMomma:
    imagerockychryslerb2010:

I'm also doing crockpot soups for our open house style party.  We're doing three soups -

butternut squash

crap soup

Italian sausage

I think I'd pass on the 2nd one LOL Now CRAB soup is always good Stick out tongue

As for the chili, I live in the Midwest so people ALWAYS like chili. They'd eat it for breakfast lol.  Taco soup always goes over well too.

mmm...crap soup Wink

I think soups and sandwiches are a lovely idea! I have a good recipe for a cream of potato and ham soup for the crockpot if you are interested.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• imageKansasFarmMomma:
    imagerockychryslerb2010:

butternut squash

crap soup

Italian sausage

haha, yeah, it has been that kind of day already!

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"