Tennessee Babies
Options

Pediatric Consultants West- Knoxville Moms Heads up

I'm just going to copy and paste this form my blog. I am absolutely over this pediatrician. They have been terrible since the beginning but today was the last straw. If you have and recommendations for your pediatrician, please share!

Elliots 4 months check up was hell. plain and simple.I scheduled the appointment for 9:45 AM because Elliot usually naps around 11:30. I figured we?d get in and be finished just in time for his nap, with would help after his vaccinations.So I arrived at the doctor?s office at 9:30, signed in and sat down. and waited. and waited. People came in, went back, and LEFT, and I still sat in the waiting area. Finally at 10:45, a full hour after the scheduled appointment, I was called and we went back. The intake person measured and weighed Elliot and check all out information, then put us in a room?where I waited again. I decided to go ahead and feed Elliot, Change him, and held him and he went to sleep. Why? Because it was nap time! It was 11:35, and I decided that if I wasn?t seen within the next ten minutes I was just going to leave.Finally, at 11:40, TWO HOURS after my scheduled appointment, the CNP (we?ll call her June) walks in. I was stunned. We saw June when Elliot was just a few weeks old and she was so rude that I called the office manager and requested to NEVER see her again, and I made sure it was noted in Elliots file. I also made sure to ask who I was being scheduled with for every appointment after that. This appointment was supposed to be scheduled with the actual Doctor (we?ll call him Dr. Blue). So when June came into the room I was floored. I couldn?t believe we were seeing this woman again..She immediately chimed in one Elliot?s weight. Elliot was born at 6 pounds 3 oz, and he now weighs 11 pounds 4 oz. They?re supposed to double their birth weight by 6 months, so now at 4, Elliot is right on track! But according to her its not and I should be feeding him more.  *eyeroll*. She did a quick check of him and asked me questions as she did it. I specifically mentioned that I had a few questions to ask and wanted to discuss starting solids and she said ok, then she started talking about Elliots breathing.If you?ve met Elliot in person, you know he?s a noisy breather. When we saw June the first time she referred us to an ENT Doctor and we went, and we saw the ENT doctor twice. That doctor concluded that Elliot?s noisy breathing wasn?t anything to be concerned about and was caused by the way his nose and throat developed. He was confident that Elliot will grow out of it in a year or so. She asked if we saw the ENT, I told her yes and explained everything they said, and she replied that she thought that the ENT might be wrong and was going to ask Dr. Blue to come look at El. (I?d like to add here that I LOVE Dr. Blue. He?s one of the two Doctors in the practice and he?s SO sweet and thorough.) Dr. Blue comes in and looks over Elliot and said that he agreed with the ENT and felt there was no need to Elliot to be seen again before the 1 year mark. He spoke with me for a minute and asked how we were doing, then excused himself and left the room. Well June turns around and walks out after him, shuts the door, and then I hear her arguing with him about whether or not Elliot should go back to the ENT.About 5 minutes later (its now noon) a nurse comes in to check Elliots oxygen level, which was 100%. Then he leaves, but he left the door open. I sat and waited to finish the appointment?about 5 minutes later a nurse walking by stops and says, ?Oh honey you can leave.? I just looked at her for a second and said, ?um?I?m waiting on his vaccinations and I?m not finished talking with June.? The nurse replied, ?June already left for lunch? we?re all out of the vaccinations right now, so we?ll just get him at his 6 month appointment.?WHAT. I was literally stunned into silence. Its one thing that they?re out of the vaccines, but its a complete other problem that the CNP LEFT in the middle of my appointment! Oh my god I was angry. I?m STILL angry. I shoved all of my stuff in the diaper bag, dressed Elliot, got him in the carseat, and went to check out. The girl at check out asked if I have his next two appointments scheduled (6 months and 9 months) and I said no and she starts to schedule them. ?I?m not going to be able to get him in until the new year. Is the last week in January ok??Again?WHAT? My son needs a 6 month check up and your next available appointment isn?t until he?s almost 8 months??I ended up just leaving. I don?t even know what to say about it all. I?m just stunned and livid. I?m going to take Elliot to the health department to get his vaccinations, and we?re starting the search for a new pediatrician right now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pediatric Consultants West- Knoxville Moms Heads up

• Options
    I take Jackson to Knoxville Pediatric Association on Weisgarber, he sees Dr Lauren Speckner (I THINK that she might be the only one accepting newborns but I'm not 100% on that) I love her, she's always very thorough & I've never waited in the waiting room more than 5 minutes...I've only had 1 nurse that was very short with me & I didn't like her, but it was his 1st appt & I saw a different doctor.. but I've never had a problem with the staff..
  • Options

imagedaisy080187:
    I take Jackson to Knoxville Pediatric Association on Weisgarber, he sees Dr Lauren Speckner (I THINK that she might be the only one accepting newborns but I'm not 100% on that) I love her, she's always very thorough & I've never waited in the waiting room more than 5 minutes...I've only had 1 nurse that was very short with me & I didn't like her, but it was his 1st appt & I saw a different doctor.. but I've never had a problem with the staff..

Thank you for the recommendation! =)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use Dr. Wilkinson at KPA and he is wonderful.  We've seen multiple MDs at KPA, and they have all been great.  If you just tell them you are looking for a new physician they can tell you who is accepting new patients.  Hope this helps!

Whitney

www.TuesdayGrace.com

• Options

We also use KPA but we go to the Cross Park office. The Farragut office was not accepting new patients(who were older but were accepting newborns) when we moved to Knoxville. We have seen several doctors at that office and have not had any problems. One of the doctors is a little weird but she was nice and seemed to know what she was doing.

ETA: DD and DS have both had a well visit and DS has gone twice for a sick visit and we have never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That makes me so mad and I wasn't even there, haha! I take DD to Knoxville Pediatric Clinic on S Peters Road. I love them. I see the doctor every time and all the people there - doctors, nurses and staff just love DD and they show it every time we're in there. I once had to wait a long time, I was there for a total of 2 hours and I was really mad. My husband was livid but they definitely made up for it at her next appointment. They saw her almost immediately and gave her so much attention, it was wonderful. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"