Secondary IF
Options

Follie Check #2

Went to the RE for my monitoring appt. first thing this morning (got there at 7:10) and so glad that I did.  They don't even open until 7:30, and I'm usually the first person there, but someone beat me today.  By the time I left at 8:10, the (large) waiting room was packed, and everyone was there for monitoring (office was otherwise closed)!  I have to go back tomorrow, and I'll be doing to the same thing.

Now, the results: I went from 17 to 22 follies, ranging from 5 to 11 mm.  Two 11mm, Three 10mm, Five 9mm, Six 8mm, One 7mm, Four 6mm, and One 5mm.

My E2 was 644, and my lining is 7.2mm.  I really think the Lupron is helping a lot, as my follies are roughly 2 days ahead of where they were on stims last time, not to mention I have more total follies now than I did at trigger last time.

I was surprised my RE wants to decrease my follistim already, since my E2 isn't that high yet, and my biggest follies were 15mm last time she started decreasing, but she is taking me down from 225 to 150, and keeping my menopur at 3 vials. 

Last time that ended up being 4 more stims days, decreasing my follistim until it was 0, and my menopur went down by 1 vial.  I guess my RE likes what she sees, and figures I'll have enough mature follies when I'm ready to trigger, which I hope will be early next week, maybe even Monday.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follie Check #2

• Options
    Sounds great!! I have my 2nd follow check in the morning! I am having tons of EWCM and can feel my ovaries twinge from time to time. I have been doing mental images of the smaller follies catching up with the other ones...we will know in the morning if it worked.

Good luck in the morning!!! Can't wait to compare notes tomorrow!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    I go Sunday for my 2nd check! I'm so nervous since we are doing IVF with no suppression and I respond very quickly to meds. I'm anxious to see what's going on in there. I also must say that I am already being a huge baby. This menopur shot burns! And I'm only taking 1 vial!!! I feel for you having to take 3.
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How did your first check go?  Did you already have one besides your baseline?

Congrats on being a good responder.  I'm all for fewer meds, between side effects and costs.  Have you done IVF previously, or did you do different meds before?

I forgot about the menopur burn, so it caught me off guard when I took my first shot this time.  I just keep taking quick deep breaths in and blow out slowly, which seems to help a little.

I don't remember really feeling my ovaries/follies last time, probably because I didn't have this many the entire time before (I have 22 on day 7 of meds, and only had 20 after 13 days last time).  I guess it feels kind of crampy, and I think I look a little bloated, but luckily I'm not gaining any weight. 

Unlike last time, when the higher doses of Follistim gave me insomnia, the Lupron, as small a dose as it is, seems to be having the opposite effect, making me tired.  Give the choice, I'd rather be tired than wired.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
  • Options

Well, I guess I jumped the gun a bit by saying follie check #2..I meant follie check #1, but my second visit (counting baseline).  This is my first IVF.  I did 4 IUIs (3 with follistim). 

I'm posting the details about my dr's appt on the weekly update, but I am so stressed out about all this...

TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Options

You weren't kidding about being a quick responder.  Today is day 9 of stims and yesterday my biggest follies were only 12mm!

I know it's easier said then done about not stressing out.  I was freaking out before every appt. last time, worried something would go wrong.  The highlight of my stims/monitoring process, which I've been sharing a bit lately, in an attempt to provide some humor about the process can be found here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/57790888.aspx

This time around, I'm less anxious and more cautiously optimistic.  I get a bit nervous when I get on the table, but am otherwise ok for the most part.  The worst of it is the side effects.  I can't tell if I'm just getting sick, or it's from the meds, or a bit of both, because my sister who is staying with us for the weekend, and DH, are both sick, and I've been feeling progressively worse.  Today I feel very queasy, like I when I had morning sickness, and have a headache, in addition to the fullness in my ovaries, which is obviously med-related.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"