Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Double Strollers?

So we are expecting baby #2 in July and our daughter will be 2 in July...we were starting to browse the different types of double strollers and have narrowed it down to pretty much a front/back type rather than a double wide side by side one...we were concerned about fitting through narrow spaces with the side by side ones, although they seem nice too.

Does anyone have any insight or recommendations about the Chicco double stroller?  We prefer the Chicco because we like the infant carriers better than the Graco double...although we haven't made a decision yet and are looking for any thoughts/suggestions...Thanks for any advice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Double Strollers?

• Options
    My friend has the Chicco double for her twins and stopped using it because it's heavy and takes up to much room in their van. We had the same concerns as you about the side by side style and ended up buying a baby jogger city select last week ... Using a Chicco carseat with it and so far like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't ever get a chicco or graco stroller. The car seats are great but I've heard so many reports about the strollers being too big/too heavy/junky. I have the baby jogger city select and love it. I used it when I first had my daughter with the car seat attachment and used it as both a single and double and LOVE it!
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Baby Trend jogger and a Graco DuoGlider.  We got both of them used.  The Graco is pushing ten years old (I called to see if I could get a new axle because its bent and they told me how old it was based on the serial number).  It is on its last legs and will probably just snap one day, but the stroller has done pretty well for us. It is heavy and pretty much fills up the back of my Saturn Vue, but for $35, I'm not complaining.   The kid in the back usually kicks the kid in the front, but it's a lot better than the jogger where they sit next to each other.  I don't use the jogger a lot because it is heavier, bulkier, and a lot less convenient.  Also the air filled tires have gone flat and I'm too lazy/cheap to get them fixed so if I do use it, I just pump up the tires for the trip.   
  • Options
    I know it isn't on your list of ones you are looking at, but I have a Britax B-Ready. There are 14 different ways you can use that sucker. I have used it as a double and it feels like you are pushing one kid. They sell for around $500, but my friend just bought a brand new one (still in box) off eBay two weeks ago for $270.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    imagegonzol:
    imageElsa1984:
    I know it isn't on your list of ones you are looking at, but I have a Britax B-Ready. There are 14 different ways you can use that sucker. I have used it as a double and it feels like you are pushing one kid. They sell for around $500, but my friend just bought a brand new one (still in box) off eBay two weeks ago for $270.

Another for Britax B Ready. It's a great stroller and extremely durable! It's much cheaper on Amazon. Also, Babies R Us does a trade in event, bring in an old item, pack n play/stroller/carseat and some other things, and you get 25% off the next purchase. I believe the next event is the end of December or beginning of January. If you have anything you can trade in, it might be worth a shot to look.

Last time they had the trade in event at my BRU, it did not include Britax brand. So I would check with your BRU to make sure!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"