Baby Showers

Baby Sprinkle Advice...

Hello Ladies - I am extremely new to the board, just got married in May and was a big fan of the Knot so I am hoping you can provide me with some advice!

My husband's sister (who is also one of my very good friends) just found out that she is going to have a little girl after her two sons and I would love to do something for her because she's a bit nervous about having a girl after two boys.  We also have another close friend who's about to have a baby girl as well (same due month) who already has one boy and she has the same reservations about having a baby girl.  Would it be crazy to try and throw them both a sprinkle shower? Maybe even on the same weekend? Would it be terribly tacky if I rented out one location and used it one day for each mommy to be? What would you do?

I really don't want to do anything over the top - and honestly I don't think either mother to be expects anything, I just think it would be a nice gesture to hold a small girly based party.

Edit: Sorry for the confusion! I guess I really have no idea how long sprinkle showers typically last.  I wouldn't do a joint one for both ladies, just wondering if it would be feasible to do both showers at the same venue on the same day or if that would just get too crazy.

Re: Baby Sprinkle Advice...

• Unless all the guests know both moms to be and would buy them both gifts, a joint shower does nit sound like a good idea.
    Even if I knew both ladies I would feel obligated to buy them the same gift, which would be annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not sure by your post if you are planning (or thinking about it) to host the sprinkles for both moms together...or do them at different times of the day.  You could do a brunch for one and a late afternoon for the other.  Sprinkles usually don't last as long as a shower because there just aren't as many people and you do do the same kinds of things (play games, etc).  I would not have them together...if that is what you are asking.  Obviously there would be people there that are not as close to one lady as she might be to the other.  It could really be awkward for the guests.
  • Loading the player...
  • I suppose you could do them both the same day.  But if I was the hostess I wouldn't.  The first party might feel rushed and then you have to rush cleanup before the second party.

I think it's reasonable to reuse any decorations that you have, but I wouldn't do both parties on the same day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • If all you're doing is providing food and minimal decorations than sure you can do it on the same day.  Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for some unnecessary stress!  If the sprinkles are occurring during warm weather you can look into city parks that require a reservation.  Reservations give you the spot for the whole day so doing a back-to-back sprinkle would be doable.  Just use the same decorations and order the same food (to be made ready for each party time, of course!)  If you would rather just crank it out in one day than go for it.  Just be super organized about guest lists, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think you could do it the same day.  I assume that it's women with different groups of friends/guests.  Do one at like 10:00 on a Saturday and another at 3:00 p.m..  I'd look into some place like a church hall that wouldn't make you buy their food.  And I'd make sure the MTB are okay with the same theme. Get some h'dourves or just do a cake-and-punch thing and call it good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"