Late Term and Child Loss

Grief and a Wedding

I'm supposed to be getting married on Saturday, June 22, 2012.  Our families know.  The venue is reserved.  I paused planning for the wedding in August to help my friend and sister plan my baby shower and to start decorating my nursery.  Then all plans stopped when I lost my daughter.  Instead I planned a funeral.  Since then, I've tried planning for the wedding again (complete with a Pinterest board) but my heart isn't in it anymore.  There was supposed to be a 7 month old in my wedding.  There was supposed to be a special daddy/daughter dance at my reception.  I don't want to have to incorporate her in other ways.  I want her there. 

What do I do?  I dread making the plans.  I don't want to celebrate.  I just miss my daughter.

Baby W. Early miscarriage @ 6w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
My Blog www.jdsrainbow.blogspot.com

Re: Grief and a Wedding

• It is understandable why you are upset and not wanting to make plans considering all the nice dreams and visions you had for your wedding. Can you and FI just do something small either just the two of you or just your immediate families so it is more intimate and less pressure? You'll be sad and missing her no matter what you do but maybe if you do something completely different it will be a tiny bit easier.
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
  • Thanks for your response. We talked about that and he's kinda sad that it won't be the wedding HE'S been planning (so funny to me) but I think we will do just 20 people or so.  I'll be sad regardless.  And I think we're gonna ask our sisters to really help with whatever planning is needed.  I just get too sad.

Baby W. Early miscarriage @ 6w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My Blog www.jdsrainbow.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"