Late Term and Child Loss

I wish I'd kissed her

11/14, at 4:55 my beautiful Emmeline was born 16 wks early.  I miss her so badly.  Two days ago I became hysterical in going through the hospital paperwork because they'd written 'Baby Coons' or 'Infant Coons' on everything and I couldn't find where they'd written her name.  

Tonight I'm overcome with grief because I realize although I held her and stroked her and talked to her, I forgot to kiss her.  

Missing her hurts so badly.

John & Katherine, sittin' in a tree, . . . . Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: I wish I'd kissed her

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Emmeline is such a beautiful name! 

I bet every loss mom has something they regret regarding the few moments we got to spend with our babies, I know I do. The night Bradley was born, I never told him I loved him before I went to bed. Don't let it get to you too much. The emotions we're forced to endure suck, and in the moment it was very hard to think straight. Emmeline without a doubt knew her mommy loved her very much, regardless of actually kissing her or not. That probably doesn't help too much, and I apologize I don't have better words of wisdom...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am sorry for  your loss. Your are not alone. I lost my Emma 2 weeks ago and I had that same thought yesterday looking through the memory box we got from the hospital. What gives me comfort is knowing Emma knows how much her daddy and I love her. I'm sure Emmeline knows how much you love her as well.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers 426374_775972607825_1203816401_n
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Emmeline. I know how you feel with the regrets, I never took a picture of her hands or with her and I really regret that. We are here for you whenever you need. ((Hugs))
    Tim 12/30/00 Brad 4/30/02 Alex 9/29/03 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss - Emmeline is such a beautiful name. I also have a few regrets from the short time I had with my son Devon, but I try not to dwell on that because I'm grateful that I at least got to hold him and say good bye. Please know that you're not alone, and we're here for you. *hugs*
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry for you loss... I also didnt kiss my baby girl. I'm not sure why I guess I just didnt think about it or maybe I was scared to... and I also regret it, that and not taking any pictures of our own (we have the ones from the hospital but they were not as nice as they could have been). Just be gentle with yourself and remember you're not alone. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"