Detroit Babies

Fun place to go for 1st haircut?

Quite a while ago, someone on the 6-12 months board posted pics of her taking her DC to get their 1st haircut @ a place in Chicago that specialized in children's haircuts.  This place was fantastic & they had different packages, where you could get a dvd of the haircut & whatnot.  I was wondering if there was anything similar to that in Michigan.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Fun place to go for 1st haircut?

• Since you have a (beautiful!) baby boy, I would maybe think about taking him to a place called Sport Clips!

https://www.sportclips.com/storelocator/

It's marketed to men and boys, with a sports theme. They have it decorated like a locker room and the stylists dress as referees. When I was there they had a ton of kids in there!

Not sure if they do anything like DVDs though. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we took Preston to "Carnival Cuts" in the Novi (Twelve Oaks) mall. They have all different kinds of chairs to sit in (police cars, race cars, horses, etc.). They have a kids cartoon movie playing at each station and they give you a certificate for there 1st haircut as well as a lock of hair.

No dvd though, but you can take your own video camera and digital camera in with you.

They are reasonably priced and we still go there.

• Loading the player...
  • Snip Its is really fun! They have a few in Metro Detroit. Its kind of like a Dr. Seuss themed place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"