Adoption

Another agency gripe and a profile book question

Howdy again,

I seriously don't know how my agency functions. We just got a call that our Family Advocate is leaving the agency for personal reasons (this after I called them last week when I'd not heard from her in well over a month regarding clearances etc and was a bit frustrated with them) and that we'll be assigned to a new family advocate. Whatevs. It's just irksome.

so it seems that all our paperwork hurdles are nearing an end. My partner finally got our dr. to agree to a physical outside of the normal physical hours (she's a teacher and cannot take a day off of school for an appointment and the school won't allow her to do a half day etc) ,once that's done, we're waiting on one letter of reference from friends and birth certificates from PA for my partners legal name change.

So now, since I worry about EVERYTHING- profile book. I've heard good things about a few of the "make an online book sites" But I've not ever seen any good examples. I'd really prefer seeing some examples of gay/lesbian adoptive families---anyone have a direction to point me in? 

Thanks and happy turkey day (this post brought to you by procrastination).

Best,

M

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Another agency gripe and a profile book question

• My old agency has gay/lebian clients and you can take a look at the verbiage they used for their brochures (we did pamplet type things, not books) and a few of their pictures.  It's called AdoptHelp, and you can just click on the waiting families link and read any of the profiles, including the ones from people already chosen.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Loading the player...
  • Not sure if this will help, but here is a website of two gay men hoping to adopt.

https://www.2dadswaiting.com/

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• I can send you a link to ours on mixbook. You can scroll through the whole thing and under the book pages they have all the text as a block if you want to read it. I'm on mobile site so I can't figure out how to send you a message, send me one and I can reply though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a local agency's listing of waiting families. There are a few lesbian couples listed. You can request their info [book / pamphlet / website] through the request form and just be honest. :) They're a very helpful and supportive agency. 

https://www.pactadopt.org/app/servlet/profiles.FamilyProfiles?rsListID=1 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Oh no. Is it Shannon?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks everyone.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"