Adoption

Srsly, how long does it take...

... to get us a copy of Baby H's prescriptions? We cannot adopt her without knowing if we can afford her medication, but they are taking forever! It's been 2 weeks since we told the agency we wanted to move forward but cannot until we get her scripts. And, in the meantime, she waits. And I wait. I feel like I've been in suspended animation, just waiting to know if she's our daughter or not. 

Sheesh. [endrant]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Application approved Dec '11
Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
Homestudy complete July 19
USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
Come home, baby A!

Re: Srsly, how long does it take...

• But, you know, I'm thankful and stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • imagesrmmm09:
    But, you know, I'm thankful and stuff.

Literally laughed out loud. Sucks its taking so long! HURRY UP PEOPLE!  Hope it comes through by Monday! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSpooko:
    I hate when my life is on hold because of things out of my control. Hopefully they get it together soon, and even more so, that everything works out.

Having no control is the worst.  It can really raise my anxiety level.  Also, being told to be thankful for what you have, also sucks.  I know I have a great life, but that doesn't mean I'm not going through a lot.  I hope you get everything you need very soon and feel free to not be thankful for some things. :) 

TTC our first, both age 29 BFP#1 Twins, Missed MC with complications (long story) BFP#2 CP DX: DH-no issues Me-PAI-1 1/2013 Hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy to remove polyp and adhesions March 2013 IUI #1 with Follitism + Trigger
  • I hope you get the script info soon.  Waiting is sooo hard.

Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • How is it that only us folks are impatient?  Geez you would think everyone would be anxious to get stuff done as quickly as possible.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• imagesrmmm09:
    But, you know, I'm thankful and stuff.

Lol you are too funny.  That is so frustrating, what a huge thing to wait on!  I hope you get the info soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"