November 2011 Moms
Options

AW: Birthday fun!

DH & I decided that we want to do a "fun" activity every year, to celebrate his birthday as a family. This year we decided to take our 1st trip to the kids' museum. DS had a BLAST! He totally loved it. He picked out a school bus(with monster truck tires!) from the gift shop!

Mason & Momma

Poor kid was worn out!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: AW: Birthday fun!

• Options
    What a wonderful idea! I plan on taking DS out of school on leap year and doing something really fun. Its like a free day! (I stole the idea from modern family:P)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageshabamwam:
    What a wonderful idea! I plan on taking DS out of school on leap year and doing something really fun. Its like a free day! I stole the idea from modern family:P

Your ds will love it! My mom always signed the birthday kid out of school early. We did something special, just the 2 of us. Those are memories that I have always cherished, even more since my mom passed away.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awh, I love the sleeping picture. :-) I have been meaning to take DD to the children's museum and just keep forgetting about it! 
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Thanks, graceful!

I was nervous that DS wouldn't enjoy it alot, but he had so much fun that I think I'll probably end up getting us a membership. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Awesome! Glad you all had fun!  I want to do the tradition of fun event for birthday, too.  We kind of skipped it this year though - for a couple reasons, actually - but most of all because DD was sick for her bday celebration.  Boo! 

We have a Children's Museum here too and while most of the stuff seems a little old for DD, she does like it when we go.  And I am really hoping for a family membership for Christmas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That looks like so much fun.  I just found out that there is a children's museum at the next place we are moving to, and they have a specific day and time for kids 0-3.  I can't wait to take DS there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    How fun! I love new traditions. We plan on taking DD to the zoo every year on her birthday. We are keeping a map of the zoo and buying her a stuffed animal of her favorite animal of the zoo that year. This year it was a penguin! I should take her to the Children's Museum over Christmas break.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagejasnem:
    How fun! I love new traditions. We plan on taking DD to the zoo every year on her birthday. We are keeping a map of the zoo and buying her a stuffed animal of her favorite animal of the zoo that year. This year it was a penguin! I should take her to the Children's Museum over Christmas break.

Great idea! DH & I love the zoo. We've been twice with DS(once in Washington, DC & our state zoo here in NC). DS could not have been less impressed. I'll be happy when he gets excited about our zoo trips.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageJamiesWife2010:

imagejasnem:

Great idea! DH & I love the zoo. We've been twice with DS(once in Washington, DC & our state zoo here in NC). DS could not have been less impressed. I'll be happy when he gets excited about our zoo trips.

Oh, I understand that! I said "this year it was the penguins!" as if it was a close race between a lot of animals, but no that was the only one she cared for because I'm pretty sure that was one of the only ones she could see! lol I told my DH that I don't think she can see the other animals if they were just standing there.

It was a lot of "Look, Caitlin, a lion! A big, scary lion!" *blank stare* *blink* *yawn* 

The penguins were swimming all around and jumping in and out of the water, so she loved that. It will interesting to see the difference when we take her to the zoo next year.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagejasnem:
    imageJamiesWife2010:

imagejasnem:

Oh, I understand that! I said "this year it was the penguins!" as if it was a close race between a lot of animals, but no that was the only one she cared for because I'm pretty sure that was one of the only ones she could see! lol I told my DH that I don't think she can see the other animals if they were just standing there.

It was a lot of "Look, Caitlin, a lion! A big, scary lion!" *blank stare* *blink* *yawn* 

The penguins were swimming all around and jumping in and out of the water, so she loved that. It will interesting to see the difference when we take her to the zoo next year.

LOL, well hey, atleast she had a favorite. Even if it was just the only one she could see. By the time that you take her next year, she'll be telling you all the animal sounds! Wink

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"