Late Term and Child Loss

One month and Thanksgiving...

Today marks one month since we said goodbye to our dear Killian.  He was born on October 21 and passed on the 22nd. It is unreal that a month has passed already and we are trying to grieve the passing of our little man on a holiday where people are celebrating all of the good things in their lives.  We have tried to find a few things to be thankful for today and not beat ourselves up over this holiday.

As painful as this as become, we did have another curve ball yesterday.   One month after we found out we were pregnant, my husband's brother and sister in law announced they were pregnant and due 30 days after us.  You guessed it.  Yesterday, exactly one month since our Killian was born, our family welcomed a healthy baby boy into the world.  We are thanking God that he was born healthy and safe.  As hard as this is to understand, I think our little man played a role into his cousin being born on his one month anniversary.

God bless all of you and I am thankful that we have this resource to talk and share while we grieve our angels. 

Re: One month and Thanksgiving...

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your little Killian. Last year we lost our daughter at the end of October so we had a similar experience with last year's Thanksgiving. It is good that you didn't beat yourself up over today. You did what you could and that is enough.

BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP  #4 - Beatrix V. Q. Born 6.2.13 at 23w6d.

My blog My chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"