June 2011 Moms
Options

travel opinions -quick!

It's very last minute but DH has Nov 19 to 27th off. We were going to just stay in town but we were thinking Liv is turning 2 next year in May and DH won't have another long vacation until June. We want to go so she can still sit on our lap. Are we crazy for thinking this is doable on a 6 hour flight from Seattle to Maui? I think we can entertain her with snacks and Baby Einstein but for sure she will be walking the isles here and there.

What do you all think?
TIA ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: travel opinions -quick!

• Options
    It's completely doable. It might not be the most pleasant flight of your life, but it's doable. I flew by myself with DD back in September and just one leg of my flight was 5.5 hours and we survived - and that was without the use of any electronics. I just brought books, a magna-doodle type board, pipe cleaners to make things with, stickers, crayons and a coloring book and some random other little toys that I found in Target's dollar section. We only got up once to use the bathroom during the whole trip. I did buy her a seat to give us extra space, which was very nice to have because our whole flight was completely booked.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    Do-able, but if it were me i'd probably buy her a seat.
    DD: June 2011    DS: September 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    you can do it!!! buy a seat, it will save you the headache of a lap only babe - we've flown to florida 8 times since DD was born - it's a cake walk! bring A TON of snacks, movies, water, etc etc etc and you'll be great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    you can do it!! if you can swing the extra seat, that would be better of course but you can do it if not. you might luck out and the flight won't be full thus giving you some more space. wow, it is worth it!! go for it mama!
  • Options

Totally do-able.  Any flight over 2 hours I would buy her own seat.  We did a 2 hour flight back in September and she was squirming all over the place.  It was exhausting.  I would also buy new cheap toys or DVDs just for the flight to keep her entertained.  Have fun!!

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Buy a seat!!  We have flow with B from portland to Hawaii and to NY and the Bahamas.  I would never have made it with out him having a seat. First off it is the safest option and it will keep you sane. B slept in his car seat for naps, it was great.  Big car seats fits too, we took on a Britax boulevard.

Have fun in Maui. We want to go back there again, maybe in feb!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I hope that is doable because DH and I are planning to go to Brazil in June next year. I have only flown from LA to Sacramento with Alexis and LA to SLC, but she was such a doll so I am hoping she is just a great baby on flights.
  • Options

Yes, you can do it!  We had a 5 hour flight to CA when my two oldest were 2 1/2 and 15 months.  They were fine.  We chose a late night flight so the jet lag wasn't bad for them at all and they slept a good portion of the way, and we had snacks, toys and DVD's to entertain for the rest of the time.  GL and go for it!

ETA: I'm super jealous you are going to Maui!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    imageMammaBear81:

Yes, you can do it!  We had a 5 hour flight to CA when my two oldest were 2 1/2 and 15 months.  They were fine.  We chose a late night flight so the jet lag wasn't bad for them at all and they slept a good portion of the way, and we had snacks, toys and DVD's to entertain for the rest of the time.  GL and go for it!

ETA: I'm super jealous you are going to Maui!

I was going to suggest trying to get the latest flight possible also. I think that is the best way to fly. 

• Options

Thanks so much for the reply ladies!

In the end, we really aren't spurr of the moment kind of people since we've had Liv. We decided we are going in February instead since it turns out DH can take another vacation then!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"