Preemies
Options

friend with baby born at 26 weeks

hey ladies my friend had her baby at 26 weeks due to bad preeclampsia just this last friday. I was wondering if you could help me out. What were some things that helped you get thru your hard time of your baby being in the nicu? I want to be there for her the best I can.

thanks ladies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: friend with baby born at 26 weeks

• Options

My girlfriend sometimes came to have lunch with me between my babies' feedings and that really helped me still feel like part of the "normal" world. Another friend sent cute blankets for the boys' isolettes. If you can't be there to tke her to lunch or if you feel like she wants privacy, you could get gift cards to restsurants near the hospital.  

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Here's a whole blog post that's been compiled from preemie moms on this board:

https://preemiemomblog.blogspot.com/p/what-can-i-do-for-my-friend.html

Sending lots of good thoughts her way!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto pp. sometimes what I needed was a "normal" lunch out with  a friend. Helped to keep my mind off things. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options

Bring her lunch to the hospital, help her with home stuff, be supportive.

My best friend hired a cleaning service to clean my house after DD was born and I was in the NICU with her. It was such an awesome thing because I was on bedrest prior and had an eergency c-section so my house was gross. It was just one less theing to think about while I was at the hospital everyday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"