Snarky and T-TTC

Trip recap inside!

Man, oh man! One of the best weekends of my life! DH and I totally reconnected, which was really good for us, and we partied hard!

We drank too much. Local beers, hurricanes, Bloody Mary's, shots and my personal fav, the hand grenade.

We also ate too much. Po'boys, gumbo, jambalaya, shrimp creole, crawfish touffe, muffulettas, fried oysters, fried catfish, and OF COURSE, beignets! The food was outstanding!

We did a vampire tour at night through Jackson Square and the French quarter. It wasn't scary, more informative on the history and folklore, and ended up at the oldest bar in the US, which has been in operation since 1772. It was supposed to be a break time to get a drink, so we went in and ordered a beer, and came outside to find our group left us! WTF! So we missed out on the last half of the tour but they left behind 2 couples from Canada also, who were a blast, and we partied with them all night on Bourbon Street, so we won in the end anyway!

We did a cemetery/Garden district tour also, which was fantastic! We saw Anne Rice's house thats she based the Mayfair witch series on. I love that series so I was pretty excited to see THE house from the novels.

We cruised a bunch of bars and honestly some of the details left me in the drunken haze, which is exactly how it should be right?!

All in all, I was buzzed/drunk all weekend, full of delicious food all weekend and had a great, terrific time!

It was exactly what I needed! Thank you for the recommendation! It did not disappoint!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Trip recap inside!

• That sounds like such an awesome trip! The food, the drinks, everything! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. Happy belated Birthday too :)

Welcome back!  Xxoo 

TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yay!!! I'm sorry I didn't send recs, things have been crazy these last few weeks! But it sounds like you found all the great spots!!! The black smith shop is an absolute favorite of mine!!
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • YAY!!! SO glad you had an awesome time!! 
    Ohh, the beignets, the hurricanes, the walking in public while drinking.... Ahh. Memories. 
  • Glad you guys had a great time!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Sounds like a fun trip! Glad you had such a good time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • So glad you had such an awesome time!!!!  It sounds like a blast!
  • Sounds like my kind of weekend! Glad it was a great time! Now to add New Orleans to my must visit list!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"