January 2012 Moms

skin sag

Whose belly skin has returned back to what it was pre-pregnancy, and whose hasn't?  2nd time mamas...how long did yours take after the first one?

I've lost all my baby weight but am still embarrassed of my saggy skin :(  It's hard to feel like a hot mama like this, and I'm starting to give up hope that it will ever return to normal.

Anniversary

Re: skin sag

• To be honest, I never went back to normal. After I had my son, I didn't have too much trouble losing all my pregnancy weight plus 10lbs, but my body was never the same. I don't really think my skin sags but it just has a different shape. And while my stretch marks have faded a lot, they never completely went away. It has taken me a while to get used to my new body and I know I'll never wear a bikini agian, but I think I'm okay with it now. But this may not be the case for you, you may go back to being very close to the same. From what I hear it takes normal moms (not celebrity moms) around a year to get back their pre-pregnancy bodies.

This is how I look at it: When I was 16, I used to hate my body. When I was around 21, I realized I had it good at 16 and I thought I didn't look good now (at 21). And now I realize that at 21, I actually had a good body. So I figure that even though I don't love my body right now, I'll probably look back in 10 years and wonder what I was complaining about...Did that makes sense?! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've lost all of my pregnancy weight plus another 5lbs and I still have extra weight on my belly.

I have an older sister who works out regularly, and yes she still has the a slight sag at her belly from 3 years ago. Her thoughts (mine as well), is that she doesn't care about the extra sag, it was all worth it!. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagesarenu1:

Her thoughts (mine as well), is that she doesn't care about the extra sag, it was all worth it!. 

This 110%. I have realized that my core will never be as strong as it once was, but it is for an amazing reason. I figure I will worry about it once I am done having babies, but for now it is fine.

• I lucked out this time in that my stomach is essentially back to normal. I could be hard on myself and pick out things that aren't exactly the same, but to the rest of the world, probably even to my H, it is "normal" again. That said, I know that a lot of that just has to do with luck. If my stomach skin is saggy when I am finished having babies, I will probably have a tummy tuck done. I'm nervous about #2 because I know a lot of people who returned to normal after #1, but #2 did them in.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• My body is defnitely not the same anymore and I have to admit that I like it. I don't like the cellulite I got but whatever, half the world deals with it!

I'm about 7lbs over than my PP weight and I welcome that as well. I have womenly curves in all the right places now and my stomach doesn't sag or anything but there is definitely a bit more there than before. I see it all as a proud badge that I'm wearing :) Don't get me wrong, I do have my bad days where I don't feel attractive and cellulite is my worst complaint, that makes me very self conscious. But really, who the heck is looking? I see my DD and I forget about everything else. DH loves my body and he says even more now with a little extra than before and that's the most important thing! Nobody else is looking or thinking "oh look at that pooch on that woman, or check out her cellulite". So that's what I try to focus on.

As my hubby says: look at your body, love it and be proud as that is the biggest miracle of them all. What you did is amazing. Your belly was a house for our baby girl and look how beautiful and healthy she is. You did that!

I love him for those things :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After #1 I felt like I was pretty much "normal" by about a year? I want to say? I returned to pre-preg weight by about 6 months but around a year we went to hawaii and I was feeling ok in a bikini. I have never had a perfect body but I felt about as good as I ever had.

After #2 I'm sad to say I don't know if I'm ever going to rock a bikini again. :( my skin is ... different. and not in a good way. I am back down to my pre-preg target weight, but I think I really lost some vital tone between my skin and the muscles beneath it. I look "normal" when I'm standing up straight... but when I'm not standing up perfectly straight and even flexing my abs, it ain't pretty. I'm talking one of the pictures from Star where the unnamed celeb is in at the beach and her belly looks like a weird wrinkly old people sag-fest?

yeah. that.

• oh and I wanted to quickly add that I am *extremely* proud of what my body has accomplished in creating two beautiful perfect baby boys.

I love that my body lets me run, and hike, and play with my boys.

First and foremost I love and thank my body because of what it can do and what it has done. I take care of it because I want to be able to do all of those things for a long, long time.

....But that doesn't mean I can't also want it to look as good in a bikini... oh well. Wink

• I've lost most of the weight between babies, but I was never the same. Every child I have I get a little "softer", I hate to see what I am left with after this one. As much as I love my children, I just can't get to the "it was all worth it" acceptance. If I was rich I would be having head to toe sucking/tucking/lifting done.
  • I'm very fortunate that I don't have any skin snag and got my pp body back. Actually my butt is smaller than it was pp so I'm pretty pumped about that too : I don't know what will happen with baby 2 but for now I'm thankful.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• See I would gladly take the softer stomach some of you ladies are talking about, because mine isn't just soft.  It's like old lady wrinkly sag, with that little butt shaped pouch at the bottom as well.  Yuck.  I have tons of stretch marks, but I could care less about them.  

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"