LGBT Parenting

Re: TTT

• 1.  Today is our 3D/4D u/s and I think our moms are more excited than us lol

2.  I am so thankful for this short week at work!  I really need the mental break.

3.  We just got an invitation in the mail yesterday for a baby shower for M's cousin.  The only catch it is this Saturday!  Who sends out invites to arrive 5 days before the event???  We will be going but we had to seriously reshuffle things.  No clue why this is bothering me so much.

4.  The boys have been really active and I love feeling them but waking me up at 5:15 each morning is getting a little old.  Especially since it is rib kicks on both sides (the boys are now both head down).

5.  All of our friends little ones that are a year or under, I sewed their Christmas presents last weekend.  I am so happy with the way they turned out I just keep looking at them. 

6.  I am trying to teach myself to crochet. I have the stitches down, it's the turns and not pulling it too tight that is messing me  up.  Any suggestions would be amazing!  

7. I have a cold and according to my doctor, unless I run a fever, it's one of those things to just wait out as pregnancy and cold meds don't mix.  I am generally very good while sick, but colds are a different story.  Poor M.

8.   Is it sad that no food sounds good other than Thanksgiving food.  I know I still have two days until this food is served!  It's going to be a long two days lol.

9.  I just want to lounge in my pj's all day.  I might actually do it.

10.  People are starting to ask for mine and M's Christmas lists... is it wrong I am just sending them to our registry for the babies?

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1. I'm thankful for a healthy pregnancy.

2. I'm not so thankful for the morning sickness that I have this time around.  But at least it's a morning sickness that I can still function through.

3. I will be 12wks on Christmas.  I think we'll tell family then.

4. One of my coworkers made another coworker cry yesterday.

5. In regards to #4, I supervise them both.  I probably should have handled the situation differently but I'm still getting used to this supervisor gig.

6. I still haven't deposited the prize money from the business plan competition I won last week.  I'm afraid that if I do, I might spend the money.

7.  Jelly Bean woke up an hour early this morning which meant my morning routine was spent juggling her, the dogs, and getting myself ready.

8. K and I are having date night on Saturday. woo-hoo!

9.  At the rate I'm eating, nothing sexy is going to fit on date night. :-p

10.  The office is quiet today. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  For some reason I haven't posted on this (or any) board in a while.  I've been really excited to see people's good news, but just have been overloaded with work and unable to respond.

2. I'm so excited that today is my last day in the office until next week Tuesday afternoon!  I REALLY need the mental break.

3. After a really stressful and discouraging few months at work, with lots of tension with my boss (a truly difficult person), I was told yesterday that I'll be up for a big promotion this coming year.  I likely won't get it year 1, but likely WILL get it year 2.  I can live with that. 

4. Number 3 leaves me feeling conflicted.  While I've worked my a$$ of this year, I don't feel like the results have been my best work to date.  Perhaps that's because of the amount of work I was handling, but it still leaves me wondering why promotions are given and frustrated that my truly good work was not rewarded in this way. 

5. I have lots of complicated feelings about Corporate America.  But that would make for a very boring TTT to read.

6. My family is set to arrive this afternoon for the T-Day holiday.  I have been looking forward to this visit for-EVER!

7. My "Family" will now be just my parents as my Sister can no longer come.  She fell while rock-climbing (without any safety measures in place - seriously, I know - you're 41 and self-employed in a physically demanding profession) and cracked a Lumbar Vertibrae.  She is on bed rest and cannot fly.  I'm devestated for her, and I feel terrible that she will spend the holiday away from us.

8.  I cannot tell my Sister that I am IRATE with her for being foolish, and that I am SO upset that she cannot make the trip.  But I feel like I can say that here!  I know it's selfish, and I truly due feel terrible for her first and foremost.  And I hate that she's in so much pain.  But I really REALLY wanted this family time during my pregnancy.  And living 1500 miles apart makes that difficult to just throw together on a whim.  Sad

9. All of the rest of my thoughts circle me back to 7 & 8 today.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• 1. We had parent/teacher conferences yesterday. There were no surprises and everything was fine.

2. Though I am a bit peeved that Carter got a satisfactory in completing homework and Gray got a outstanding. When I questioned why (given they do homework together, it is supervised, etc), I was told Carter turned in 1 assignment late (probably forgot to put it in the homework bin since I know it was done and in his folder.) 1 day drops you down a whole notch? Stupid.

3.  My ILs are babysitting all day (7a-5:30p) both today and tomorrow. First time they have babysat. Let's hope everyone is standing when I get home. :P

4. I can't tell you how nice it was not to have to get everyone dressed, ready, and out the door this morning. I even had time to watch the news.

5. I think ILs are going to babysit again on Friday night so we can go see Lincoln. I am really excited to see it. I heard it is amazing.

6. My office is freezing. My fingers are numb.

7.  I am exhausted. L has a hacking cough and kept herself (and hence me) up most of the night.

8.  I am bummed that I forgot to make and bring my salad for lunch. I thought about it at 5:30 this morning.

9.  I am supposed to be doing my annual online learning modules for work. I hate doing them.

10. Wish I had yummy Panera soup for lunch. Perhaps for dinner?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagethemommymonster:
    image2moms2b:

6.  I am trying to teach myself to crochet. I have the stitches down, it's the turns and not pulling it too tight that is messing me  up.  Any suggestions would be amazing!  

I am teaching myself to crochet, too! I am following the crafty minx crochet school. She has step by step videos that are very through and helpful. Try it! I cannot turn to save my life, but I will get it!

I will definitely check this out. I bought a few books for beginners but it's confusing sometimes to just read the steps and not see it. 

Thanks!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1. My grandpa had a heart attack on Saturday, he survived and had to be life flighted to the hospital for surgery, he will be in ICU for a couple more days. I didn't know how to feel because we haven't spoken in 8 years but now I am worried, I need to get in touch with him.

2. I couldn't let myself be upset in front of J because of 1, she lost her cousin last week.

3. It's interesting to see how differently people deal with crisis, J's family is all about easing into telling each other, giving bits of info so it can be digested easily, my family gets directly to the point and puts it all out there.

3. TPR is in 3 weeks... I hope it doesn't get postponed, no appeals, no random family members popping up to claim the girls. We are SO close, so so so close.

4. Owl's speech and occupational therapies are going to end mid December where she currently gets services, she has made great progress but I hope regional center will pick her up for speech.

5. I am beginning to think that some cognitive issues might be at play with Owl, she has made tons of progress but there is still something that I can't put my finger on, some way about her that seems different. A therapist told us this weekend that it sounds like she has traits of Aspergers, I want her to meet with Owl and see what she thinks.

6. Owl has a sedated MRI in January, I am both nervous and excited, we need answers.

7. Why does my TTT always revolve around Owl? She is my main focus right now so she dominates my mind.

8. J said she already knows what she's getting me for Christmas. A cello? Probably not but I would freak out if that's what it was.

9. The green onions I have regrowing in my kitchen window add a nice touch of color to our very neutral colored house.

10. Time to get the day started!
  • 1) I found out my cousin and her family are coming for Thanksgiving now. I am super excited!

2) I am all done shopping for Christmas.

3) I will still go shopping on Black.Friday...

4) I want to take Ky to the tree lighting downtown on Friday BUT it starts at 5 and by the time I pick her up and get there it is going to be close to 6 and I worry about parking.

5) The zoo lights also start this weekend and I want to take Ky at some point while they are on display.

6) A's mom is guilt tripping me about the holidays and I do not appreciate it. If you want to fguilt trip someone talk to your daughter...

7) A is starting to treat Ky like a hobby and I am getting very annoyed with it.

8) My mom said she would love to go on a cruise with me....I have spent all morning looking up cruises *sigh*

9) I also know my mom wants to go to Disney with Ky. That is my next search to occupy my boring day.

10) My work is rearranging us and I have a new supervisor who has not contacted me in any way. My old sup has ceased responding to my requests and emails...I feel like the unwatned step child.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. I have a sore throat (since yesterday) so I emailed in sick to work today and rescheduled my meetings. I love that I can work from home too!

2. Then I took C to work and myself out to breakfast. At least I'm eating healthy hippy vegan food and drinking a hot flu buster (apple, orange, lemon, ginger, and garlic, steamed and topped with cayenne pepper).

4. I have acupuncture at noon and then a stop at the pharmacy before picking C up from work at 2pm.

5.  I think this story is really cute!

6. My super small (3-4 couples) CBE class is tonight. Hope I'm feeling up for teaching and am not contagious. I have a sub lined up just in case.

7. It's my little sister's 16th birthday. I was there when she was born and sometimes I can hardly believe she's a young woman.

8. I'm trying to arrange a weekend for her to come down and visit.

9. Our friends in the Bay Area bought tickets to come up and celebrate our legal marriage ceremony the weekend of Dec 8-9th. We're excited to have them with us for this!

10. I should probably do some work.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. This morning I woke up with no nausea, and immediately started worrying that something was wrong. 

2. The nausea is back, albeit milder.

3. I have my first prenatal appointment on the 5th of December. I have to attend a class at the local Kaiser affiliated hospital before I can go to the first prenatal.

4. I am glad that my RE did ultrasounds, at least I know there is something in there :)

5. I'm working from home tomorrow, which is nice, it'll allow me to get some thanksgiving cleaning done.

6. Hoping that I can cope with all the thanksgiving smells on Thursday.

7. I need to go and buy a few looser tops, not too many, just enough to get me through this tight phase until I 'qualify' for maternity wear.

8.  I'm worried about my cats tracking litter around the house. There isn't a lot of it, but I do find pieces of litter (the wheat kind) on chairs and occasionally on my bed :( We clean the boxes and the floor daily, but I am worried that this increases the toxoplasmosis risk.

9.  Water tastes horrible right now. I normally drink a lot of water, staying hydrated at the moment is a real challenge

10. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful time! 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• 1. I'm not very good at typing on my phone but I want to get my ten things in!
    2. I love being on this board. It is really helping me. Last night K was reading my posts over my shoulder and asked about all the acronyms. She then started making up her own meaning for acronyms, and I was dying with laughter. I nearly peed. I am so lucky to have married such a hilarious woman.
    3. I'm glad I took yesterday off. Pedicure and acupuncture were awesome. Though the chemical smell in the nail salon was very strong and I wanted out of there.
    4. My boss just called me and told me that she is grateful for me! She has tomorrow off so I wont see her before thanksgiving.
    5. I love my coworkers. I'm not telling them about Ttc this time because last time I told them at 8wk because we were planning out our international travel and I wanted to stay close to home and then lost it right after.
    6. I had dreams about twins last night. Probably because of what I see on this board. I don't even get to poas for another 10 days so I need to chill out.
    7. I'm excited to go to the city after thanksgiving. I have a date with some of my boyfriends to go to Sound of Music movie singalong at the Castro theater. K is not going. She would rather die.
    8. I love working at the same org as K. she just called and is bringing me a sandwich. We rode to work together on my Vespa. Life is good.
    9. Im going to make a pumpkin pie from scratch with a real pumpkin.
    10. I'm grateful for this TTC process. It has made myarriage stronger.
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • imageclairmeij:
    'm worried about my cats tracking litter around the house. There isn't a lot of it, but I do find pieces of litter the wheat kind on chairs and occasionally on my bed : We clean the boxes and the floor daily, but I am worried that this increases the toxoplasmosis risk.

Is your cat an indoor cat? If so, the risk of toxoplasmosis is EXTREMELY low.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageball.and.chain:
    imageclairmeij:
    'm worried about my cats tracking litter around the house. There isn't a lot of it, but I do find pieces of litter the wheat kind on chairs and occasionally on my bed : We clean the boxes and the floor daily, but I am worried that this increases the toxoplasmosis risk.
    Is your cat an indoor cat? If so, the risk of toxoplasmosis is EXTREMELY low.

This and per my doctor if you have been changing their litter prior to pregnancy the chances of it affecting your pregnancy is much lower.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
  • 1. Gosh - it seems too long since I was on here. 

2.  Thrilled about those recently announced positives!  Thinking poitive thoughts for those who are still trying and with (-) rsults.

3.  Love holding my sleepy kiddo in my arms. 

4.  Struggling to get him to bed at a decent hour (& mys?lf too).

5. Watching my cats play is a good way to will away the rain.

6.  Still want to try for #2, but it looks like the world is against it. (age/momentary funds)

7a. (suppose to be #10) -- I love reading Butterflies' and Erta's blogs .. always looking for updates or access to their 'hidden' blogs.  

7. "Ouch!" -- I need to move my leg before my kitty gets comfortable!

8. can't think any more... off to take care of #7... before it falls asleep as i sit cross legged on the bed.

9. I <3 being a SAHM! 

• 1. Second beta was 613, more than quadruple the first one (104). Since 4 days had passed, we were very pleased with that number. I go in for another blood test on Saturday.

2. My progesterone has been very high, so my RE has also taken me off all supplements (injections and Endometrin).  I'm a little nervous to go off so early, but my body seems to be doing what it needs to.

3. I'll have an ultrasound in a couple of weeks, around 7w.  Can't believe I'll (hopefully) be looking at an ultrasound screen with something other than my ovaries on it.

4. So far, no pregnancy symptoms.  My ovaries are still a little sore from IVF, which my RE said would last 2-3 more weeks.

5. As you can tell from #1-4, I have a pretty one-track mind right now.

6. I'm obsessed with raw kale salads.

7. Our cat has been sick but seems to be getting better.

8. We're planning a short trip to Philadelphia soon.  I went to college in the area and I'm excited to show my wife around.  Hopefully m/s won't keep me from my roast pork and broccoli rabe sandwiches.

9. I have a whole list of things I need to get done tonight, and instead I am doing TTT.

10. Laundry time!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMystjava:
    7a. suppose to be 10 I love reading Butterflies' and Erta's blogs .. always looking for updates or access to their 'hidden' blogs.

I've been wanting to blog about what we've been through in the last few months and where we are now but I just don't have the time with all the therapies we've been doing with Owl. At least one of the therapies will end in a few weeks so I will be sure to get back on the wagon, I miss my blog. Thanks for being one of my few readers!
  • your blog is my favorite, especially with your work with the girls! it has often give me ideas of what to try with little bear but mostly, i enjoy learning about your and the girls' growth as individuals! 
  • 1. It's 10:30pm and I'm laying in bed knowing I should be asleep right now.
    2. We're staying home just the three of us for Thanksgiving and decided last minute to do a real dinner.
    3. I'm gluten dairy free and have been for 23 months. So when I discovered coconut milk egg nog I was THRILLED!!!
    4. Messaged our known donor this evening and asked if he wanted to met K we'll probably get together in the early part of 2013.
    5. We're working on getting K to sleep outside of his swing which he's not that into anymore either.
    6. He's getting better at napping laying down but I miss the 24 hour naps he used to take I can't get anything done in 30 minutes
    7. I watched Brave I heart Disney movies EV is usually very accommodating and indulges me but this one I rented on iTunes. I liked it and it was nice to take an afternoon break yesterday.
    8. We're going to see my folks for the christmas holidays it'll be fun to get a mini vacation and to see how Kaden does on a plane
    9. Sooo sleepy
    10. Ok typing with 1 eye open need to go to sleep. K woke 46 times the last couple of nights hoping tonight I get more of a stretch...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"