Texas Babies
Options

Moving to SA and Need Advice

DH and I are moving to San Antonio in a few months and are completely lost when it comes to determining where the best place to rent would be.  DH will be working on Ft Sam Houston, so we don't want something with a long commute.  We would love to be close to coffee shops, shopping, etc.  Any recommendations?
I: November 2011 
M: November 2012

Re: Moving to SA and Need Advice

• Options
    I honestly I don't know very well the area close to the ft. Sam but according to my Google maps it seems to me that you should try to look around the Castle Hills area (is close to a lot of shopping center) and/or look in the Alamo Heights or Terrel Hills area...Good luck and I hope you find a nice place where to live here!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Live oak is where alot of my friends live, and its not too bad of a commute to fort sam

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We live on the NE side of SA (just northeast of the airport) in a nice townhome community. Anything on the NE side near 281 would be a quick commute for your DH.

PP mentioned Live Oak, which is not far either but there is not a ton of shopping near there. Lots of activity near 281 & 410.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    you probably want something on or near the streets Broadway or New Braunfels. but dont go too far east.
  • Options
    imageCEBandDAO:
    We live on the NE side of SA just northeast of the airport in a nice townhome community. Anything on the NE side near 281 would be a quick commute for your DH.PP mentioned Live Oak, which is not far either but there is not a ton of shopping near there. Lots of activity near 281 amp; 410.

Live oak has the forum shopping center and alot of new stuff popping up! The forum has a starbucks, lots of restaurants, and alotttt of stores, including toys r us/babies r us[:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"