Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Thoughts and prayers

I know that the procedure is nothing severe, but my 23 month old is having surgery to have tubes put in his ears due to chronic ear infections tomorrow morning.  Would appreciate any thoughts and/or prayers for my little one to have a simple, relative pain free procedure.  Thanks.

Re: Thoughts and prayers

• Options

Thinking of you guys this morning. 

Hope all is going well and we are looking forward to good news being posted here after the little one gets out of surgery.

• Options

We are back home.  Surgery took all of 10 minutes or so.  Woke up cranky, but if I were almost 2, woke up in a strange place with no one I knew (we weren't allowed back in the room until he woke up), I'd be pretty cranky too.  He's currently sitting in his high chair eating cinnamon waffles and watching one of his favorite shows.  He's still a little loopy from the gas, but it seems like he's calming down and getting back to normal, so all is good.

Thanks ladyjenna, and anyone else who had us in your thoughts and/or prayers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have seen this posted a lot, is this a common problem and common procedure?  Relatively low risk?
  • Options
    I also didn't see this until afterwards, but I'm glad the procedure went well.

• Options

imagebmoscowitz:
    I have seen this posted a lot, is this a common problem and common procedure?  Relatively low risk?

I believe it is a common procedure with minimal risk.  However, surgery is still a risk, and I can imagine I would be crawling the walls in such a situation. We have friends and family who have gone through this with their LO's, and it has always been a good outcome.

• Options
    imageColtsdad:

We are back home.  Surgery took all of 10 minutes or so.  Woke up cranky, but if I were almost 2, woke up in a strange place with no one I knew (we weren't allowed back in the room until he woke up), I'd be pretty cranky too.  He's currently sitting in his high chair eating cinnamon waffles and watching one of his favorite shows.  He's still a little loopy from the gas, but it seems like he's calming down and getting back to normal, so all is good.

Glad it is turing out well, man.

• Options

imagebmoscowitz:

Yes, it is fairly common... I believe there were 4 other tube procedures that were happening right around my son's.  It is low risk, they put him under using gas, they make a small incision in his ear drum (which heals) to insert a tube behind to allow the natural tubes to drain fluid.  It is typically done if the child has multiple ear infections in a season.  They say that typically they are back to their old selves by afternoon at the latest.

• Options
    Glad everything is going well man. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ear tubes rocks (until they fall out). no more EI thru sick season.
  • Options
    imageColtsdad:

Just saw this, but glad you and your LO are okay. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hope it goes as peaceful for you LO as it did for MW and SIL who both had to get tubes in both ears.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"