Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

re: Ikea Art Easel

DH and I want to get DD an art easel and our daycare just bought the Ikea one and I was shcoked to know it was only $15.

Here is my question. We live 100 miles from the nearest Ikea. I'm trying to decide if its worth it to drive an hour and 45 minutes for the $15 easel or if I should just order the Melissa and Doug one from Amazon for $50.

WWYD?

Re: re: Ikea Art Easel

• Options

Well, it seems to make more sense to just pay a little more and save yourself the hassle; unless you actually WANT to make the trip and have other errands to do in that area or can visit friends and make a day out of it. 

I have the Ikea art easel, and it was cheap, and I'm totally happy with it; but it's nothing special, ya know? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the Ikea at easel and DS loves it. Its a chalk board on one side and white board on the other. We got him the baskets, chalk, crayons, markers, containers for crayons/markers, paper and a paint all for under $50. I think its worth the trip =)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom just got the crayola one for the kids at TRU for $39.  One side is chalkboard and the other is dry erase, but both sides have a clip so you can hang paper.  The ikea one doesn't look like it does, but I may not be looking at it correctly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the Ikea easel and a lot of the art supplies to go with it.  I actually really like it.  The girls have it covered with paint and dry erase marker and it was only $15 so I don't care a bit.  The tray gets water spilled in it pretty regularly and you can't even tell.  That all being said, if you don't have anything else to do in the area or you don't have anything else to get from Ikea (I like getting Christmas presents for random kids there, the nephews I see 3 times a year, the littler siblings of DDs friends, etc) I don't think I would make the trip.  Ours is about an hour and 15 minutes away, DH offered to take me last week for some new drawers for one of our storage units (and above mentioned random presents) and I decided that I just couldn't justify running the whole way there.  DDs doctors office is halfway there though and we missed her 2 year well child so maybe I'll schedule that for a morning and just make the other half of the trek. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

There's no way you can walk into an Ikea and leave with just an easel. You will find enough to purchase that it'll be totally worth the trip.

If your LO doesn't have a play kitchen or work bench, look at those. The play table is awesome ($20!)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imageXcrisscrossX:

There's no way you can walk into an Ikea and leave with just an easel. You will find enough to purchase that it'll be totally worth the trip.

If your LO doesn't have a play kitchen or work bench, look at those. The play table is awesome ($20!)

Yep,  trust me you will buy more.  We can't leave an Ikea without spending at least $100.  They have a really good children's section.

Have you ever been to an Ikea before ? The closest one to us in in Chicago which is 5 hours away.  It's a fun store and I say go and see what you think of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"