Military Families

TRICARE coverage?

My fiance and I are planning on conceiving before our wedding, which will be next June. He is in the army and will be stationed at Ft. Carson. Will TRICARE cover my pregnancy when we marry if I conceive as a minor but marry as an adult?

Re: TRICARE coverage?

• Why the rush? Especially if you're still a minor. Why do you want to get married so quick? Why have a baby so soon?

To answer your question, no they will not. They will cover the child once a DNA test proves paternity but will not provide prenatal coverage.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:

Why the rush? Especially if you're still a minor. Why do you want to get married so quick? Why have a baby so soon?

To answer your question, no they will not. They will cover the child once a DNA test proves paternity but will not provide prenatal coverage.

This. All of this.

Also, if he is serving it is safe to assume that he is NOT a minor. If you two have a child I dont see how this could be good for his career

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Didn't ask for a lecture. It was a yes or no question. Thank you.
  • Welcome to the internet sweetie. Whether you ask for it or not we have the right to answer in the way we choose.  Be careful, PP is right, your FI could get into big trouble if his command found out he's sleeping with a minor.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    Welcome to the internet sweetie. Whether you ask for it or not we have the right to answer in the way we choose.  Be careful, PP is right, your FI could get into big trouble if his command found out he's sleeping with a minor.

Yeah. He would definitely get in trouble for that. Also, why would you even ask if Tricare would cover you if you were already pregnant when you got married? How would they know if you were sleeping around or if your fiancee (assuming you're engaged) is the father? I guess I need to realize a child is asking these questions...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow! Show some maturity and don't get pregnant. A baby is not an accessory. It is a person that just wants, wants, wants and takes, takes, takes. It's nothing like what 16 and Pregnant makes it outto be. It is hard work and a lifelong commitment. I don't care how mature you think you are. No teenager is ready. The likelihood a marriage will last is almost zero as wells so do yourself and any future kids a favor and wait 5-10 years before baby making.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tricare will not cover you until after you two are married and you are enrolled into DEERS. So any bills you have while you are pregnant and not married will NOT be covered. They also will not reimburse him for your pregnancy even after your married. Like a PP they will probably make you two do a DNA test to make sure it's his. There are too many girls who claim that the baby is the soldiers just to find out its not, so they have certain requirements you will need to do.
  • Again, I did not ask for relationship advice. That last answer was the answer I was looking for. So thank you. Anyway, that is exactly what I was asking, if they'd cover it once we were married and had gone through DEERS.
  • If I wanted anyone's opinion, I would've asked for it. And you wanna talk to me about maturity??? I'm sorry, but I'm guessing that you're a grown ass woman, so you run around sticking your nose in a 17yearolds business? And I'M the one being immature by starting a life with my fianc? Haha, run along now.
  • you do know that he could be reported for having sex with a minor right? see what the repercussions would be on his career before you decide to make that public.
  • imagejdvincenWed202709:
    you do know that he could be reported for having sex with a minor right? see what the repercussions would be on his career before you decide to make that public.

This. You may want to wait to get pregnant until you're 18.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesmdetrick:

imagejdvincenWed202709:
    you do know that he could be reported for having sex with a minor right? see what the repercussions would be on his career before you decide to make that public.

Article 125 Sodomy only covers sexual acts with a minor under the age of 16. Depending on if her SO is enlisted or an officer, he could get charged with unbecoming of an officer, but there really isnt anything that could get him in trouble for having sex with a 17 yo. Paralegal US Army. 

• imagecmgedney:
    imagesmdetrick:

imagejdvincenWed202709:

Article 125 Sodomy only covers sexual acts with a minor under the age of 16. Depending on if her SO is enlisted or an officer, he could get charged with unbecoming of an officer, but there really isnt anything that could get him in trouble for having sex with a 17 yo. Paralegal US Army. 

That doesn't stop her parents from pressing charges in the state they live in.

CJ 05/29/2013

• I know your not asking for relationship advice but I'm going to put my 2 cents in anyway.

First off it would serve you well to learn how to take advice gracefully. These women have been there. Trust me you will want support and advice when you are standing there alone after the bus leaves and he is on his way to his first deployment. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Second I was engaged to my soldier at 17, married at 19 and now at 21 we are starting the conversation about a baby when he comes home from deployment. You are free to do with your body as you wish but take some time, military marriages are a strange and beautiful thing. If you want or need someone to talk to let me know.
  • imagecmgedney:
    imagesmdetrick:

imagejdvincenWed202709:

Unless of course he got caught with naked pics. Hubs is a paralegal too, and one of the young ones in the office, just got caught doing this. It's not pretty.

BFP#1 EDD 12/31/2010, Mommy's little girl Born 01/05/2011 Married My Love on 07/07/2012 BFP#1 EDD 08/14/2013. Suspected m/c 12/16/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"